• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EQ2 News] Game Update 63: SKYSHRINE Tradeskills Preview with Game Designer Brian “Omougi”...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Tradeskills are a big part of GU 63 and Game Designer Brian “"Omougi"” Ferguson has a lot of exciting information to share!

Continue reading...

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I play.. off and on as my mood hits me. I've been tempted to talk to you about it but I just don't think I'm involved enough any more to run a portal on my own. Unless you want random comments about my guild on AB... I'm sure I could supply those. At least I think I'm still tagged, haven't been on since late January-ish. :oops:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I play.. off and on as my mood hits me. I've been tempted to talk to you about it but I just don't think I'm involved enough any more to run a portal on my own. Unless you want random comments about my guild on AB... I'm sure I could supply those. At least I think I'm still tagged, haven't been on since late January-ish. :oops:
Many of the folks running the UO portal have been engrossed in RIFT and SWTOR, hehe. My main goal for EQ2 Stratics is to salvage any usable static content from the old portal (Everquest II - EQII Stratics - Your Everquest II Community Resource) and replace it with the WordPress portal (EQII Stratics). I've never played the game, but apparently there is still some useful content on the old portal: it hasn't been updated in over a year, but it still receives around 4,000 unique visits each month. Bizarre.

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ah, gotcha. That's mostly just and exercise in copypasta though, isn't it? TBH, I rarely use any EQ2 portals except the ones for decorating. I swear that was the only reason I played the game for the longest time, and I do miss redoing my house. :D

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, gotcha. That's mostly just and exercise in copypasta though, isn't it? TBH, I rarely use any EQ2 portals except the ones for decorating. I swear that was the only reason I played the game for the longest time, and I do miss redoing my house. :D
You sound like a UO player. Some of our strongest subcommunities are the UO rares collectors and UO home/castle decorators. :)

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You sound like a UO player. Some of our strongest subcommunities are the UO rares collectors and UO home/castle decorators. :)
Heh, never played UO in my life. I was a die hard Asheron's Call Darktider from the beginning though, which means I also missed Everquest as well. Eventually ended up playing EQ2 because a RL friend went to work on the game as community manager (he's no longer there) and ended up liking it much better than I did in beta, lol.