• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

~~~ Epic Factions/PVP Event Being Planned ~~~

I

imported_Luka Melehan

Ok, I made a character on Atlantic for the purpose of reporting the event. Any ideas on how I can best acheive this, I would love to hear. I will not be participating and I will not have time to GM anything. However, if someone feels the need to kill me, no worries. Reporting can be done in ghost form just as well. *smiles*

G

<font color=red>Event Forum: </font color=red>An event forum has been setup to discuss ideas and ask questions. Click here to go there.

I need a nice graphic to post when advertising the event. I guess it will be titled "Epic Factions" unless someone can come up with a better name. In about a week the big formal announcement will go out about the event with all the details.

M

mdacc#one

you need to pick a less populated shard to reduce lag for huge battles. I propose Baja
All come to baja, faction lands are pretty much dead out there.

G

Too late. I am already on Atlantic and training away. Besides the lag and congestion may be of some interest to the dev team.

G

Atlantic doesn't lag with about 100 people fighting in the same area. We've had some really large fights lately and it went just fine.

G

<blockquote><hr>

you need to pick a less populated shard to reduce lag for huge battles. I propose Baja
All come to baja, faction lands are pretty much dead out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or come Europa, and see how it feels to play with very high ping!

K

Kylas

<blockquote><hr>

Dig, are you at least CONSIDERING a return? (Ran into your namesake on Baja again a week or so ago and once again was disappointed it wasn't you.) Am wondering about Gilthas too.... If you guys are thinking about it and need any help on Atlantic, just let me know and I'll do whatever I can for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Sorry Tina,

While I do agree these special type events are good news.. The fact that it requires all the shards to get together to make it worth while is as sad as its telling about the state of factions. I'm afraid nothing short of a total rewrite of UO would get me back. I'm talking 20-30 mil investment by EA, which we all know isn't going to happen.

I look forward to seeing the screen shots. Perhaps those who never played factions will get a glimpse of what it was like at its peak.

(Losing 20 pts per death sucks too.)

Dig

K

Kylas

<blockquote><hr>

I need faction screenshots, preferably ones with lots of fighting or just standing around in a large group. They need to be Pre-AOS which is why I am having such difficulty finding any. If anyone has some good or decent ones please throw them up on a host such as Imageshack and PM me the links. I would like to have them by Noon tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to pull some hard drives out of a vault but I "may" have an archive of faction pictures from the first year. My original copy's got trashed when a hard drive failed.. The backups are on an old IDE drive put into storage for an old project.. If I can find them I'll put them up on a server.

-- I just read you dont need photo's now... Disregard.

Dig

G

I'll still gladly accept the screenshots if you have them. It is very hard to find any and they could be useful for future projects.

G

I dont playe any more, but if faction get its life back i probably be a sucker and trye it out again.

Ceep feding us whit info and screenis

D

DannoOfAtlantic

You have my consent :p and full support!. Lets go you faction bums. Gather yer pitchforks and shovels. Lets break down the server boundaries and rock some purple!

D

DannoOfAtlantic

FIX OUR TOWN CRAFTING MENU. Let ys actually make faction items. I dont care if they are blessed or not. I want me items signifying my allegiance

W

Wakiza

Oldest faction pic i have... damn i need to hook up my old, old, old computer.

G

Why oh why was the Shadowlord horse color changed from that nice dark green to the current horrid light green? It just happened one day with no explanation. It was obviously a deliberate change.

G

not a single person in those pics play UO anymore. They all left the game for pvp reasons known to us pvpers. tho I did send out an icq to a couple of em to inform them about this event.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Why oh why was the Shadowlord horse color changed from that nice dark green to the current horrid light green? It just happened one day with no explanation. It was obviously a deliberate change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Revert SL Horse color! Revert SL horse color!

Not that I'm in SL...but that puke green color is ugly...

G

The supply house for training characters and donations has been setup. Go to the Felucca Minoc Moongate and head northwest. It is on the Felucca facet because I couldn't find one large enough near a moongate. Just be cautious going there and it should be fine. Here is a map to the house:

Donations
Several chests have been setup so that players can donate equipment. At the moment the best items to donate are Barbed Runic Armor and 1/2 Rings/Bracelets. Place the items in the chests behind the tables. Items can be dropped in but not taken out. If you wish to donate anything more expensive or gold, please contact me. I am unsure how secure this method of donation is so it is better to be safe than have someone loot donations.

Power Scrolls
The vendors will sell 110 Power Scrolls for 500 gold each. All combat scrolls should be in easy supply. But the Magery scroll will be pretty much impossible to keep in stock. The vendors should be fully stocked within the next 2 days and I'll try and keep them stocked as scrolls run out.

D

DannoOfAtlantic

Lets get hooded robes for this run of factions in the event respective of each faction. Instead of normal robes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The supply house for training characters and donations has been setup. Go to the Felucca Minoc Moongate and head northwest. It is on the Felucca facet because I couldn't find one large enough near a moongate. Just be cautious going there and it should be fine. Here is a map to the house:

Donations
Several chests have been setup so that players can donate equipment. At the moment the best items to donate are Barbed Runic Armor and 1/2 Rings/Bracelets. Place the items in the chests behind the tables. Items can be dropped in but not taken out. If you wish to donate anything more expensive or gold, please contact me. I am unsure how secure this method of donation is so it is better to be safe than have someone loot donations.

Power Scrolls
The vendors will sell 110 Power Scrolls for 500 gold each. All combat scrolls should be in easy supply. But the Magery scroll will be pretty much impossible to keep in stock. The vendors should be fully stocked within the next 2 days and I'll try and keep them stocked as scrolls run out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats very cool for us non-atl players, thx!

D

DannoOfAtlantic

Set faction stone sign ups at the gates. Then increase the faction onlyy area and turn off the guard zones.

D

DannoOfAtlantic

Pick a side!! Lets make EA remember why people PvP!! Not for scrolls. Not for gold. Not for items. <font color="red"> But FOR THE FUN OF WAR!!!!!!!!! </font>

G

*pokes head up from behind a large stack of books*
humm , wha, hey whats been going on behind my back here?
get this going and I will be in.

D

DannoOfAtlantic

Hells yeah brother. Keep hope alive!! lets start a faction focus group

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
here, this is sticked on the SONOMA STRATICS FORUM, its a tutorial for new players coming into factions.

I made it couple years ago to help when we had a influx of new people on sonoma trying factions.

if ya wanta quick walk through (WITH PICTURES!!!!) then have a read (look)

Sonoma Forum 'Faction 101'

G

I am trying to get the funds to come join in at the moment I would hate the chance to actually play in factions warfare of this calibur lol.

Did anyone mention a set date this thread was huge by the time I finally got to read it and I didn't feel like reading through 7 pages.

Anyhow donations for this trip would graciously be accepted on LS! lol

Seriously...

If I make it over I plan to capture lots of video I have a machine capable of capturing high quality video of the screen while still running UO without any slowdown at all so if I make we may have some sweet vids of it up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Did anyone mention a set date this thread was huge by the time I finally got to read it and I didn't feel like reading through 7 pages.

[/ QUOTE ]
A firm date for the event may be available by the end of this week.

G

Ahh thanks for the reply I am putting fourth alot of effort to make it over so I can capture good footage of this lol just hope I can gather up the gold in time.

G

I plan on testing some video progs too.

and I know my screenshot proggy will be going overload ^^

G

I use snagit8 and camtasia studio 4 for video snagit is also good for screens.

G

Transfer? Heck I am trying to build one fro scratch. There had better be some enthusiasm. *nods*

G

Yeah I am trying to transfer in mostly because I want my suit and scrolled char for this. Building one would be an option if I could easily get the stuff on atl. But since I can't I am going to have to transfer in.

W

Winder UO

Gonna xfer during the weekend or next week to get a look at atl pvp scene before the battles commense. Might even stay when its finished.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Winder are you going to transfer from Drachs-&gt;Atlantic or from Europa-&gt;Atlantic?
Any I-C guy going from Europe-&gt;Atlantic? I would like to transfer some stuff so i can set up a char for this event. Would be cool if you could bring some stuff for me

I

imported_Tina Small

RTLFC

I am thinking about moving a character from Baja to Atlantic, if anyone needs stuff moved. Probably won't happen until some time next week and would like to hear first when the expected start date for this will be.

JC, any news yet from the development team on the issue of suspending some of the rules that might complicate the faction sign-up process?

Also, I have a large Malas house on Atlantic that I'd be willing to set up as a safe place for people to hang out or meet up for this event. It's fairly empty, so it could be used as an additional safe supply place if needed. Whispering Rose Radio used it for a Deal/No Deal event a couple of weeks ago, so I would need to box up their stuff and do a little re-designing first before it could be used for anything else. It's also not terribly close to a moongate (it's on the north side of the mountain range in upper Malas), so you would have to run a little bit to get to it.

Let me know if this is something that would help and I'll work on redesigning it this weekend.

Edited to add: I just read some stuff on the Factions forum that got me to thinking about maybe moving my factions archer from GL to Atlantic for this. So I might be able to help if anyone wants stuff moved over from GL. Again, give me about a week to get her ready to go and I would like to have this firmed up a bit before putting the money into making these two transfers.

I

imported_SUNCHICKEN

I do belive ill come and represent gl Factions. Would Like to know an date yall are shooting for just to find out if i need to transfer or make a char.

I started to get a small chub before i got to the end of the 7th page. Sounds Fun.

W

Winder UO

Going from DF mate. Dont think anyone will be xfering from Europa.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

I do belive ill come and represent gl Factions. Would Like to know an date yall are shooting for just to find out if i need to transfer or make a char.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does by Wednesday of next week sound? I could probably do by Monday if I have to....

G

<blockquote><hr>

JC, any news yet from the development team on the issue of suspending some of the rules that might complicate the faction sign-up process?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. But as was mentioned in the UOHOC, they are going to be doing some tweeks to factions this publish. But since the last Publish went in today, there probably won't be any news for a couple weeks. The event is not going to happen until the next publish is in.

I

imported_Tina Small

Thanks, JC.

I hope Draconi will soon start dropping hints or maybe giving us some specifics on the faction-related tweaks that are planned for the next publish!

Now that you've stirred up some faction fever, maybe a few people might consider building some faction characters on Origin to be ready to test out future tweaks/enhancements to factions. I'm not sure if building them on Test Center is worth it if they would get wiped and any subsequently built replacements couldn't join factions because of the new rule that character has to be 30 days old to join factions. (That 30-day rule is also going to impact folks who are building or planning to build characters on Atlantic for the Atlantic event.)

I

imported_Splup

<blockquote><hr>

Winder are you going to transfer from Drachs-&gt;Atlantic or from Europa-&gt;Atlantic?
Any I-C guy going from Europe-&gt;Atlantic? I would like to transfer some stuff so i can set up a char for this event. Would be cool if you could bring some stuff for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Atleast DiE (Death in Access) is coming from Europa (Armstrong etc.)

Im on FEW (Finnish Elite Warriors) and we are also considering about coming for the event to Atlantic. And yes, we (FEW) plays on Europa.

G

The armor collected thus far got looted from the supply house. I guess that method of donation was not secure. Oh well, it was just a bit of armor they got. I will find another way to collect item donations.