• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enough is Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeekerOfTruth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ok i can take this much longer, i was asked to keep a secret i should have never been asked to keep, and i consider myself a honest and morale person and keeping this secret is tearing me up inside, but its not my place to say what it is, Vadie/Smoke it is your place to tell the truth, i dont know how you can sit and watch all these memorials and tributes go on around you and not say anything, course im guessing thats why your no longer on anymore. Gain some respect back and let everyone know what is really goin on

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok i can take this much longer, i was asked to keep a secret i should have never been asked to keep, and i consider myself a honest and morale person and keeping this secret is tearing me up inside, but its not my place to say what it is, Vadie/Smoke it is your place to tell the truth, i dont know how you can sit and watch all these memorials and tributes go on around you and not say anything, course im guessing thats why your no longer on anymore. Gain some respect back and let everyone know what is really goin on
If you want me to, I am happy to post it, that way you will still have kept your promise to keep it secret. (Assuming your who I think you are, and the secret is the one I think it is)

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
Confusion I'll go back to bank sitting now becouse I don't know what is going on :p

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I gave the original poster and anyone else who might know the story a chance to post it if they wanted, but no one did, so I will.
Keep in mind, that no one has actual proof of whether this is true or not, and I haven't decided what I personally believe yet.

The secret/conspiracy/rumor whatever you want to call it, that the original poster was talking about is this: The original poster, and a couple other people believe that Whitefire of HHYC is not really dead. They believe that the entire thing was faked by Whitefire, and Vadie/Smoke as an attempt to get Mesanna and Bennu to make a permanent in game memorial for Whitefire, that way Atlantic would never forget him and he would remain eternally famous. Since there would be no way to predict how the community would react after hearing of Whitefire's death, Whitefire has supposedly been pretending to be his own grandson in game to personally manage all memorial related things so they will be to his liking.

One of the people who believe this, it might be the original poster I'm not sure, said that they called Whitefire's real life cell phone after Vadie had said he was dead, and Whitefire answered then quickly hung up after realizing who was calling. I cannot personally confirm or deny anything since I am not involved with this in any way, however in the last few years I have seen Whitefire's grandson twice, and currently he has been logging in very often, every few days. In addition to that, Whitefire's grandson posted on my castle's bulletin board that Whitefire had died, but the strange thing is his grandson had never been to my castle before, and once even told me he had no idea where my house was. Whitefire on the other hand came to my castle many times and had posted on that board before. The post is still there if anyone would like to see for themselves, my castle is south of Trammel Yew moongate, it is the blue board, the post by Raven Wind.

On the other hand, I have never once had any reason not to trust Vadie or Whitefire so find it somewhat hard to believe they would do all this and knowingly take advantage of so many people just for an in game memorial.

It is not my place to decide who is telling the truth, and who isn't. You must decide that for yourselves. I will say though, that either way the person who is lying has done an extremely mean, deceitful thing. If the original poster is correct, then shame on all who tried to fake his death and play with people's emotions just for in game pixels. If the original poster is lying, then shame on them for causing drama and trying to make up false accusations about a person who is deceased.

Last edited:

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well im still pretty new to atalntic so i really have no idea who whitefire is i saw him one time at an allied meeting but never spoke to him, so i really cant judge one way or another, but why not just get his real name and look it up? if he died there will be an online obituary somehwere

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well im still pretty new to atalntic so i really have no idea who whitefire is i saw him one time at an allied meeting but never spoke to him, so i really cant judge one way or another, but why not just get his real name and look it up? if he died there will be an online obituary somehwere
That would be a bit tricky....Whitefire is/was a very important person to the government (no not a politician) and always has/had personal security guards for his own safety. No one that knows his name would ever share it, I learned his first name a while ago, but not his last name.

Last edited:

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easy fix... don't make in-game memorials for people that die.
Can't really ever prove it unless you want to post a death certificate and verify all their account info.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just to be clear, I didn't post that to create more drama, multiple people had PM'd or ICQ'd me asking about it, and after I answered they all felt the whole story should be posted to put a stop to the rumor mill created by the original post (I personally heard 3 different versions of it in game within hours of the original poster writing what they did and none were accurate, the main one was people thinking Whitefire and Vadie were the same person).

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's freaking awesome! I hope white gets a statue in haven and that I get to kill him under it.

If he is really dead though this is a really insensitive post but I am an eternal optimist.

I thought the secret was Norry wears dress'

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to be clear, I didn't post that to create more drama, multiple people had PM'd or ICQ'd me asking about it, and after I answered they all felt the whole story should be posted to put a stop to the rumor mill created by the original post (I personally heard 3 different versions of it in game within hours of the original poster writing what they did and none were accurate, the main one was people thinking Whitefire and Vadie were the same person).
I wasn't meaning to insult your passage of information. To be honest this has been 'shady' for a while and is the primary reason there isnt a memorial up yet...

I just think it's sad that we have to deal with this sort of thing (truth or not) in virtual communities, drama is like oxygen to some people and narcissism runs high.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wasn't meaning to insult your passage of information. To be honest this has been 'shady' for a while and is the primary reason there isnt a memorial up yet...

I just think it's sad that we have to deal with this sort of thing (truth or not) in virtual communities, drama is like oxygen to some people and narcissism runs high.
Oh, I misunderstood. Thank you for the clarification. It is definetely sad that there are so many people that seem unable to play the game at all unless there is new drama weekly.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game needs drama. If white faked his own death to get some pixel props its both awesomelly funny and tragic in equal proportions.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was actually told about this awhile ago by one of my friends. As to whether or not I really believe it, I don't know. I'd never spoken to Whitefire that I can really recall, so I couldn't give an answer one way or another.

However, in my own opinion, if it's true that his death was faked to get an in-game memorial... That's just disgusting. To lie to so many, and cause unnecessary pain and grief... To take advantage of people's kindness in order to be remembered and be 'eternally famous'...

Yeah, he'd be eternally famous alright. Just not in the way he hoped.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be shady to fake ones death and presumably get everyone involved in lies to the extent of building something in retrospect of that particular death. Saying that, it would also be shady to cause a stir in drama when there isn't any reason for it. We don't have direct proof as to what actually happened, weather is be truth or not.

My unbiased opinion is that real life matters should NOT be mixed with in-game functions. Furthermore, for the safety of drama, I feel a permanent ban on real life memorials should be implemented because it is something that concerns us outside of the realm of which this game gives us. Saying that, if a player wishes to create a memorial, they can do so with the material a normal player is given, but at no time should a staff of EA get involved in third party affairs and contribute in something like that.

Doing this would avoid many disputes between players and EA staff.

Just my .02

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he is dead his house will idoc, if he isn't dead he should let his house idoc to prove he isn't alive.

Would be cool if the devs could make his memorial statue randomly come to life to perpetuate the rumors and freak out peeps.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think we should just label gravestones at graveyards in the dead persons town of choice with there name.

have there body manifest as a zombie.. no special loot. just there name

and not add clutter memorials.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If he is dead his house will idoc, if he isn't dead he should let his house idoc to prove he isn't alive.

Would be cool if the devs could make his memorial statue randomly come to life to perpetuate the rumors and freak out peeps.
He gave away a lot of his accounts over the last year, even I owned one for a couple months to hold a house for him. So...it's kinda hard to tell which houses are really his, and which are the accounts he gave away.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have zero thoughts on this. Just have a simple question...
I thought that Mesanna wont place memorials at all period? Or do you Atl people get special privledges? The entire Catskills shard tried to get a Memorial for The Great Lady War when she passed and were denied over and over again.. We were told that they do not and will not ever do memorials again...

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a program for permanent memorials introduced about 4 years ago that outlined the criteria for such memorials so if they pulled the program that's news to me.

There's never been permission given for a permanent memorial for Goodman despite a few tries so its not something special reserved for Atlantic only. There are such memorials like the one in Zento by the fountain so they did give them out at one time.

Across shards and groups like usual there is no consistency regarding the guidelines and that's always contributed to bad feelings and disappointment such as Catskills must be feeling.

I have held an in-game service for Goodman during this Aug/Sep timeframe for 8 years. This year would have been the 9th however due to this situation I do not feel comfortable having it now nor do I feel comfortable asking again for a permanent one.

I will be extremely disappointed if this turns out to be what is being speculated. I have heard both as well.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not dead yet. :eek:

You sir were never truly alive.

I have heard several stories, which is in part why I have stalled getting the final memorial plans to Bennu. No matter the outcome of this situation, it will not sour my feelings about whitefire and what he has done over the years for the new players of uo.

If he truly was a government employee that required security at his late stage in life, then I can sort of understand what I've heard.

This situation however in no way should devalue the program for in game memorials. I've read the argument that real world should not intrude on in game play. But time and time again, a players death has effected many in game! So to say the two are not intertwined is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again i dont know whitefire but there has many of great people in UO over the past 17 years, if you make a memorial for all of them there wouldnt be much room left, now putting thier name on a gravestone already existing i think is a great idea. as far as mixing real life and game life, alot of people myself included play UO to take a break from the stress of real life, some people drink some do drugs some play UO, course some do all 3 but the point is i play UO to get away from the stress of real life for a short amount of time, so i feel the 2 should be seperate. as for as him helping people and being dead or alive, if he did fake is own death and all this is a hoax, just because he helped alot of people doesnt make it ok or right to lie and decieve

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Really?

Really???

Shame on this whole thread.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sir were never truly alive.

I have heard several stories, which is in part why I have stalled getting the final memorial plans to Bennu. No matter the outcome of this situation, it will not sour my feelings about whitefire and what he has done over the years for the new players of uo.

If he truly was a government employee that required security at his late stage in life, then I can sort of understand what I've heard.

This situation however in no way should devalue the program for in game memorials. I've read the argument that real world should not intrude on in game play. But time and time again, a players death has effected many in game! So to say the two are not intertwined is ridiculous.
I live more life in a day than you will in your lifetime.

Btw he isn't dead.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

We put player memorials in the game to honor and remember out friends and beloved ones that we have played with for years. It was something that many of the players had asked for over the years. This is not something anyone felt needed to police because its just a shameful thing to be dishonest about. All I can say if this is true is shame on you!!

*sighs*

Status
Not open for further replies.