• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enough is ENough, Stop the Mortal stack

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In combination with the new gear plus combat bonus the mortal stacking is way OP. Mortal strike needs a cooldown timer like it used to have. Also running shot needs a hci debuff of like -20. Bring more stability of templates back to PvP!! @Kryonix and Devs

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think it is ok because it is mana constrained.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is ok because it is mana constrained.
Except it really isn't. High mana suits, combat bonus, and 55 LMC allow people to use it over and over, even with the doubled mana cost. It does have a reduced duration with the second use...IF you don't apple it the first time. If it's used a 3rd time it's the normal duration.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mortal Strike itself hasn't changed in years. The reason why Mortal Strike is being seen as such a problem nowadays, is because with how tough players have become while decked out in Legendary Artifacts, Mortal Strike is more important than ever to land a kill. Unless you're running a gank squad, you're not going to be able to burst down someone that has 150 Health, 45% DCI, 30% Eaters, 18 HPR, 50% EP (and carries 20+ Greater Heals/Cure Pots) and 12% CF. Combine GM+ Parry with that, and you're totally not bursting them down.
The damage output of Mages really hasn't increased much with Legendary Artifacts, but their toughness has. The damage output of Melee hasn't increased much with Legendary Artifacts, but their toughness has. The damage output of Archers/Throwers however, has significantly increased due to Legendary Artifacts, because they can now hit the vaunted 1.25 sec swing speed with 60% SSI/210+ Stam.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mortal Strike itself hasn't changed in years. The reason why Mortal Strike is being seen as such a problem nowadays, is because with how tough players have become while decked out in Legendary Artifacts, Mortal Strike is more important than ever to land a kill. Unless you're running a gank squad, you're not going to be able to burst down someone that has 150 Health, 45% DCI, 30% Eaters, 18 HPR, 50% EP (and carries 20+ Greater Heals/Cure Pots) and 12% CF. Combine GM+ Parry with that, and you're totally not bursting them down.
The damage output of Mages really hasn't increased much with Legendary Artifacts, but their toughness has. The damage output of Melee hasn't increased much with Legendary Artifacts, but their toughness has. The damage output of Archers/Throwers however, has significantly increased due to Legendary Artifacts, because they can now hit the vaunted 1.25 sec swing speed with 60% SSI/210+ Stam.
What he said.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mortal Strike itself hasn't changed in years.
Just because it has not changed in years does not mean there has not been an issue with it. There were just other things to abuse that made more sense at the time. Mortal never should have been changed from not being able to re-apply for 3 seconds. Diminishing returns is a terrible solution.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Umm mortal strike did change in past couple years. Before if you got mortaled you couldn't be hit with it again for 10 seconds. Now it can be done back to back to back. This guy has no idea what hes talking about, like usual with people on stratics.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They deminishing return needs to be axed and implement a timer.

It either needs to be timed long enough from when it is applied or based on targets debuff status which starts timer after its off.

They thought they were going to fix it with apples but in turn would have skewed so many other things.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone that says more timers for pvp is what we need, is silly. Timers are the laziest way to "optimize" pvp and specials. MANA is the way to optimize everything. I shouldnt have to worry about an arbitrary time limit on when I can use or do something. Like the hour long timers for using masteries... that's just silly and the laziest coding I've ever seen. "Hey, lets make it so they can only use this awesome new thing we added once an hour." "Chirp, chirp, chirp." *You see no one using a once an hour skill.*

*STOP EDITING POSTS*

Last edited:

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Devs dont post here anymore, do they? I am not sure where they post now.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone that says more timers for pvp is what we need, is silly. Timers are the laziest way to "optimize" pvp and specials. MANA is the way to optimize everything. I should have to worry about an arbitrary time limit on when I can use or do something. Like the hour long timers for using masteries... that's just silly and the laziest coding I've ever seen. "Hey, lets make it so they can only use this awesome new thing we added once an hour." "Chirp, chirp, chirp." *You see no one using a once an hour skill.*
Mana is not the way to go for mortals.

You're using an exaggeration to make a point but clearly you wouldn't make a mortal special wait an hour before using...

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You just made my point again. CLEARLY you wouldn't make mortal special wait an hour before using it... because timers are dumb. ;) Mana is the way to optimize everything for combat. What is mana for if not that? It's the WHOLE REASON it's there... Timers are just laziness. If I have a skill, there's no time limit on it's use. Only my willingness to use it, or fatigue... or MANA. Use the stamina/mana resources for what they are designed for. Why can't more dexer skills/masteries use stamina? Seriously is this even a conversation? Why should I have to "know" in my head when a timer is up? Why can't I just look at my mana so I can decide if a special can be used, or a skill can be used and decide strategically when to use it based on mana/stamina? It makes no sense to force a wait on someone where you have to hit a key to see if the time is up. Seriously.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Devs said they were looking into making it not spamable but we will see what happens.

Mana could work but even if you jacked it up to 40 after lmc it can be spammed 2 or 3 times. I guess that's better than 5-6.

I'd rather stick with a timer (12 seconds, 6 for mortal and 5-6 second bandage)so it makes it only effective for the 6 seconds unless you're being ganked.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Timers arent intuitive and dont logically make sense. Mana pool and or stam pool is the only way to go. If the mana pool has grown too large... then adjust the root cause dont implement an artificial control like a timer.

And I maybe wrong but I havent seen a dev comment here since the midnight banning fiasco. Go figure!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Timers arent intuitive and dont logically make sense. Mana pool and or stam pool is the only way to go. If the mana pool has grown too large... then adjust the root cause dont implement an artificial control like a timer.

And I maybe wrong but I havent seen a dev comment here since the midnight banning fiasco. Go figure!
Mana leaves it open to be spammed still.

They could work with a double mana consumption timer. But again it's still a time adjustment.

The goal here is to be able to heal without stacking mortal for 18+ seconds. You simply can't control that as well with mana without making it cost some outrageous amount of mana.

Good luck pushing that through the players.

Darko

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it not a big problem , coz in different shards has different pvp styles , we wear whole suit with 30/15 eaters and max hpr even with 120 parry still got killed by spells, so all of our pvp chars has to refine our suit to 75 resist and drop dci , but i see in atl players mostly use - resist and + DCI , so why UO team have to make changes bcoz of some player die in mortal strike and cry ? LOL

And why dont nerf 4/6 chivalry ? it more crazy than Mortal strike stacking

why dont nerf 211 stam suit ? 1.25 per shot is OP too

why dont nerf splintering ? you can have extra bleed attack on any specail moves

just increase your pvp skill , and stop complaining

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone got killed to many times. Ha ha . MS seems fine to me at the moment even though I dont use it. I dont really run into too many issues.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So the argument you both are going with is "well, it doesn't affect us."

But then turn around to say the things that affect your shard should be nerfed isn't without a sense of irony.

Pot, meet kettle.