• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhancing With Runic Kits

G

Noticed the other day when playing around with a few spined kits that when you enhance with a runic kit it doesnt take up a use. Also, it seemed to have a better chance of not breaking. My enhance success ratio, (I usually break 4/5) was more like 2/5. Maybe this was just because I was using a spined kit with spined leather instead of barbed. Even so, still seemed like using the runic kit vs. reg sewing kit was helping my chances. Anyone else ever notice this when crafting?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enhancing with a runic kit makes no difference and it doesn't increase your odds. I've done a couple hundred tests on TC with this. I created a bunch of stuff with a Barbed kit using regular Leather, then enhanced some with a regular kit and the rest with the barbed kit (using spined if the original had luck and barbed leather for the rest). The Barbed kit made no difference to the failure rate when enhancing.

You just had a good run of the RNG. If you kept it up for a couple hundred attempts, you'd see if fall inline.

The two things that make a difference when enhancing are the intensity of the pre-enhanced properties and the quantity of properties. The higher the intensity and the more properties there are, the more likely you will fail to enhance an item.