• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Enhancing, why to do it?

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the process that I have been seeing is:

1. Normal Sewing Kit
2. Normal Leather
3. Reforge (if needed)
4. Fort Powder
5. Imbue
6. Enhance

What I don't understand is why you wouldn't just start with the special material to get the material bonuses using a normal sewing kit and skip the enhancing process. This would remove the risk of losing the item or paying for a 100% tool.

So why wouldn't you just do this to get the same results:

1. Normal Sewing Kit
2. Special Material (ie. Spined Leather)
3. Reforge (if needed)
4. Fort Powder
5. Imbue
6. Enjoy!

Am I missing something?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There are literally thousands of words aleady devoted to this topic spread across many threads. In short, you can make better armor by enhancing last.

Take luck. If you build the piece out of gold, or spined, then you can imbue up to 100 luck. If you make it out of iron, then imbue to 100, then enhance, you get 140. 140 > 100. The same is true for resists.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I don't understand is why you wouldn't just start with the special material to get the material bonuses using a normal sewing kit and skip the enhancing process. This would remove the risk of losing the item or paying for a 100% tool.
I will try and explain as simply as possible.

If you craft a plain leather tunic for example and want to imbue the poison resist you will be able to imbue it up to 18. When you enhance with the leather you want (we shall used barbed) it then adds a further +3 points taking you over the imbuing cap of 18.