• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhancing to make 100% elemental damage weapons

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK..I thought I understood this...

After reforging, I have weapon with 30% physical damage, 70% poison damage...I thought it was possible to enhance with coloured ingots, in this case verite, to make a 100% poison damage weapon.

Not only does that not work for me, but enhancing appears not to affect the weapon at all. I am getting a success message saying I have enhanced the weapon with the new material.

Am I missing something or have I misunderstood the process? Has something changed?

Thanks in advance for any answers...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
That is supposed to work.

Try it on a plain weapon, and enhance it with shadow, does that work to give it some energy damage?

I just did this the other day and it was fine. Maybe its just a glitch in the client and you need to log out and back and the properties will display correctly?

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After logging in out then in, the changes showed up. Confusing..;p

I put me head down and plugged away with copper runics until a pure 100% weapon fell...happily it was poison.;p Now to repeat for fire...but at least that can be enhanced.

Thanks all.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can only enhance cold and fire weapons to 100% with agapite and bronze ingots. You do not get to 100% for poison or energy when enhancing with ingots.
Actually, you can get to 100% energy two different ways. copper or verite. However, you have to start with 80% or better energy & the rest all in Physical.

Cold is Shadow Iron (20%) or agapite (30%)

Fire is Bronze (40%).

Poison is the only thing you can't to get to 100% enhancing with.

Just remember you can't replace other elements when enhancing, only physical.

Reactions: hen