• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced with

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to remember that enhancing adden an 'enhanced with..." string of text, or that the item name at least reflected a material name (metal items do this).

Either way, an item having been enhanced should certainly be denoted somehow. Kind of annoying to buy a crafted item only to later discovered it can't be enhanced because it already was.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enhanced with money. These days, attempting to enhance without using that Tool Of Money Costing first is overwhelmingly resulting in the item disappearing.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't items used to display what it had been enhanced with?
It would be helpful to buyers, sellers, and owners if an item displayed whether or not it had been enhanced with a special material.
It still displays the material name on the item unless the item already has a prefix/suffix added to it.

for instance, if you have a "no name" legendary artifact Studded Gorget, and you enhance it with barbed leather it would become "Barbed Studded Gorget".

If it is "Mystic Studded Gorget of Wizardry" it will not display as barbed, the only way to tell if these items were enhanced is you'd have to add up the individual resistances.
Looted items will always have the base resist (npc store-bought/non-exceptional + increments of 5 (up to base +20).

Any studded armor pieces base resist is always 2/4/3/3/4 with increments of +5 - +20 (max) 22/24/23/23/24 without being enhanced.
Most studded legendaries resistances would look like this: 17/19/18/18/19 pre enhanced. if enhanced with barbed add +3 +2 +3 +3 +5 = 20/21/21/21/24

Basically, it helps to know what the base resist of each armor piece then just add increments of 5 to each resistance type, if it doesn't add up base +5-20 it's been enhanced.

**Exceptional armor isn't the same because the Exceptional bonus & the Arms-lore bonus resistances are added randomly on top of the items natural base resistances.
Exceptional studded 36 total Resistance
Exceptional studded + barbed = 52 total resistance.

Each type of armor has a different base resist so following the "studded" base resistance formula will not work for say plate, regular leather is studded -1 energy resist. (2/4/3/3/3)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That makes my head hurt. I would like to see a simple statement somewhere in the 20 to 25 lines of description every decent item has these days.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
good crafters easily understand whether it is enhanced or not. thats a skill bro, they made it by purpose

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good crafters easily understand whether it is enhanced or not. thats a skill bro, they made it by purpose
While I personally am aware if an item has been enhanced or not, as I said in the OP, it would be helpful to the buyer, as not everyone is as knowledgeable as I.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I personally am aware if an item has been enhanced or not, as I said in the OP, it would be helpful to the buyer, as not everyone is as knowledgeable as I.
Outstanding answer. I hate it when someone assumes everybody knows something that they know and then looks down their nose at another player for not knowing.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use spyglass on it (perhaps they need to make a tool to tell you info on an object as to what has been done to it)