• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Won't Start

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Enhanced Client was working perfectly well for me, and now it has stopped working. I double click the shortcut and nothing happens. When I check my task manager there is a file called "uopatch.bin" in the list, it isn't taking any cpu time, but it is using about 18MB of system ram.

I tried uninstalling the client, power cycling my computer and reinstalling, and that didn't help. Is anyone else experiencing a simpilar problem?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, something is up. I can't connect to the UO website, and something is telling me that the problem is a connection issue, as in the patcher isn't able to reach the website. However, I can connect with the 2D client...

Y

Yen Sid

I am curently having the same issue. Sucks because I no longer can force myself to play in the 2D client because I think it blows to be perfectly honest. :eyes:

S

shawn_db

same here... been shopping near luna and suddenly the client crashed with no error message at all.

After some minutes, the patcher states that it's unable to retrieve the file patcher.prod.sig :(

S

shawn_db

I hope that we don't need to re-install cause this would take long again :/

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I hope that we don't need to re-install cause this would take long again :/
I think we just need to wait. They must be experiencing some kind of network issue, or perhaps a failed server somewhere.

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah same problem here. UOherald is down too. I guess its 2d for awhile bleh.......

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Enhanced Client was working perfectly well for me, and now it has stopped working. I double click the shortcut and nothing happens. When I check my task manager there is a file called "uopatch.bin" in the list, it isn't taking any cpu time, but it is using about 18MB of system ram.

I tried uninstalling the client, power cycling my computer and reinstalling, and that didn't help. Is anyone else experiencing a simpilar problem?
If you double click not the shortcut, but directly UOSA.exe in uo folders, you can connet to servers. I think that just the patch server is down.

Y

Yen Sid

If you double click not the shortcut, but directly UOSA.exe in uo folders, you can connet to servers. I think that just the patch server is down.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You rock! Thanks a lot for the tip, I am back on.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah uo.com and the patch servers are down. im really hoping for a big EC patch.
dont reinstall just yet.

I

imperterritus

Same issue here. If you wait long enough, eventually a requester comes up saying it can't download "patcher.prod.sig".