• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client & Windows 7 64 bit

V

ValiantW

Enhanced client wont make it past the login screen, never goes to shard selection. Any ideas? ive searched some other threads of people having same problem but it hasnt been fixed yet.

S

Sturdy

My install works fine- Win 7 64, i7920, ATI 4870, 6GB

Try right clicking and select Run as Administrator. If that does not work, confirm your firewall is not blocking the patcher, check router ports etc. If that does not work try reinstalling client from scratch.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am running win7 64 bit and the EC with no issues. Where did you get your EC install file? I downloaded mine from uo.com on their 14 day free trial link, just never used the free trial portion of it. I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing. After it is reinstalled, right click the icon you will use to run UO and in the "compatibility tab" near the bottom it says run as administrator and check the box and save. Then double click it to run it the first time. That should guarantee you get all of the patches and hopefully take care of your issue. UO ran the first time I installed it and has played fine on win7 64bit for me.

S

Sabbath

Wow, this looks like an issue that the developers need to get involved with. I have the same login "freeze" issue as many others have described and have followed all suggestions several times over. I don't see any official request for players to submit their machine's specs but that is what needs to be done to get to the bottom of this.

Here's my story: I run Win 7 Pro, 64-bit and was able to log into the EC fine when Stygian Abyss was released. It was 2 or 3 patches in when this issue cropped up for me (and for others who posted on Stratics) so something in one of the patches is the culprit. I'm not concernced that we players with the problem have to to take some kind of action but we need the devs help to figure that problem out. I'm not sure what to do. How do we get the attention of the actual game developers to look into this?

For the record, I have tried to "Run as Administrator"; I have set compatibility mode for every single Windows version available (i.e. Win 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista) one at a time with no success; I have completely deleted and reinstalled Stygian Abyss twice - no change. I have downloaded DirectX 9.0 directly off Microsoft's website to work alongside DX11 to make sure older games properly. All my older programs are working fine and my DXDiag shows no errors (it still shows DX11 as my version). I even installed an older ATI 256MB PCI-e (X600 Pro) with Win7 drivers just to test a theory and it didn't help at all.

My specs:
Windows 7 Professional (x64) (build 7600)
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3N78 PRO
2.20 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
ST3500410AS [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) -- drive 1, SMART Status: Healthy
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT [Display adapter] - 1GB Video memory
8192 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory (Four 2GB DIMM sticks)
On board sound and Ethernet
ALL drivers recently updated (video, audio, Ethernet, mobo chipset)

Lastly, at the bottom of the EC login screen, it says "Build Version: 4.0.7.5"

I'm at a total loss and I hope a developer will respond to the many players having this problem. Please help.

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a friend trying to play for the first time and sadly he has the same problem and may move on to another game. I hope it is fixed soon too!

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having this same problem with Vista. I have tried re installing it twice, to no avail. 2d client works fine, it is just the SA that will not work. I get to the login page, and put my info. When I go to hit "login" it sits there doing nothing. Half the time it won't even let me select "login", performing as if it isn't a button. Sometimes if I hover my mouse below the button it highlights it, as if I am over the button, as if the image is offset.

The nvidia network issue that was mentioned in another thread isn't running, so it isn't the problem. My firewall is set to allow and always has been.

It just decided to stop working, and I don't know why.

I

imperterritus

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on both a desktop (AMD processor) and portable (Intel processor), but I have had no problem running the advanced client (or classic) on either. One unusual thing happens, though. On startup, my Kerspersky Anti-Virus program always reports that "UOSA.exe has behavior similar to PDM.keylogger". This message is simply a warning, and does not interfere with the game.

Could those of you with problems be running an anti-virus program which is more aggressive, and which prevents the game from running?

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine was working fine a couple months ago. My AV stayed the same. I started it up a week ago and it wouldn't go past login. It sits there doing nothing, but never reports that it isn't responding. I've tried installing to a new directory, reinstalling 4 times, even though my PC is set to automatically run as admin I have clicked it anyway, I've run it compatible to each mode to see if ANY would work and no dice, I've completely shut off my firewalls, I've made sure my vid drivers are up to date. Still nothing

I will try removing my AV, I haven't done that, yet. We'll see how it goes. Thanks.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

i'm using the EC client since a year and a bit, and encountered this problem on both XP SP3 and 7.

Didn't happened since a while though, but if i remember correctly, i did this to correct issue :

- Backup your "User Data" directory (located in : My documents \ EA Games \ Ultima Online Stygian Abyss)

- Delete "User Data" directory

- Launch EC client directly after this

It will recreate a "User Data" directory. Try to go past login screen ; if it does, then i think you can put back in place your account name directory, located under "User Data" (not sure on this though)

S

Sabbath

UPDATE:
I'm working now - in fact, better than ever :)

For anyone still having trouble, I'll try to explain what I did. First of all, today was the first time that I've tried in about a month (to log into EC) so there is the possibility that the devs made some adjustment but I have no way of knowing that because I took the following actions and THEN tried to log in.

Also, I only noticed after I took my actions that Alaster had made the above suggestion or I would have tried their idea first. Anyway, if Alaster's method didn't fix you, here's what I did:

I must admit that I went in a bit frustrated and didn't really care if I deleted something I shouldn't because I couldn't log in anyway and was ready to delete the EC from my hard drive so this is where I went:
UO Folder.JPG
I proceeded to empty out the following folders:
"logs"
"notes" > "english" (I actually deleted the 3 Asian language files entirely)
"patcher" > "splash" > "english" (which contained 2 pictures of ankhs and a patch file)
That's it...when I clicked directly on the "UOSA" file under "Ultima Online Stygian Abyss", it logged in perfectly. I played for a while, then exited and launched again from the desktop icon and it proceeded to process a 29 meg patch but it still logged in perfectly. As a matter of fact, it's better than it used to be because I can now enter my password and then just hit "enter" for my last shard and "enter" for my last character. Click, click, BOOM :lol:

I sincerely hope one of the above methods works for anyone having trouble. It really feels good to be playing again at 1920x1200 :thumbup1:
Good luck!

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will remember those if I have the same problem again. I have been afraid to install the classic client because I thought maybe there was some interference glitch. I realize they save to different folders, but I was suspicious of everything. :D

I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, so I let it wipe both completely off my hard drive. I redownloaded both clients and installed Enhanced client and let it patch. It logs in fine, now. I still haven't installed the classic, yet, but I kept the downloaded version ready and waiting in case I want to use it again.

Thanks for all the help with this weird issue.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have an active account, but was thinking of trying out the new booster after the initial rush was over, so I was testing if I could get the install working up to the "your account is out of funds" error on a new machine.

I have reached the point where I attempt to log in, but it just hangs - it never gives me the error message. I've made sure it was running as admin, made sure both uopatch and uosa were allowed through the firewall, removed all temp files, did a full uninstall/reinstall, tries running in winxp severice pack 2 compatibility mode (which the compatibility wizard recommended).

(I was able to test on a Vista computer on the same network and it worked fine)

Still no luck and I'm out of ideas.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Valiant!

I looked at your old thread and resolved a similar issue.

I really hope this helps you.

as I posted in the Uhall thread

ISSUE RESOLVED:
if anyone is playing this game and having this problem this may be why.
You may have a motherboard with an Nvidia chipset. If you do, try to locate under add remove programs/drivers
Nvidia ForceWare Network Access Manager
Uninstall this and reboot.
It's semi-hardware based (implemented inside the chipset) so it has some advantages over a software firewall. however, having multiple firewalls can sometimes cause problems.
This solutions works 100% for me. I hope it helps you all and that this gives EA a bit of insight.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Cear. That was my problem.

I don't think I would have ever figured that one out on my own :(