• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Not Connecting To Login Server

O

Omega9

I have had this problem a few months now. Oh, and btw the 2D Client connects without a problem.

Here's what happens:
When I start the SA Client I get the patch screen which loads any patches without a problem.
I press PLAY to get to the Login Screen.
I enter Account Name and Password.
Next, and it doesn't matter whether I press ENTER, the arrow on the bottom right of the screen, or the LOGIN button ...
My Account name appears on the top of the screen ...
then nothing ... it just seems to sit there as if looking to connect but nothing happens ... no matter how long I wait.

I have literally tried everything I can think of to fix this, but still cannot connect.

This includes:
Running both files "uopatch.exe" and "uosa.exe" as Admin.
Deleting the whole program, all its associated files, even clearing the Registry of it, and reloading the whole kaboodle.
Running it with my firewall turned off.
Using three different modems, each with different routers. I have even tried without a router.

After all this, still no connect.

I am pretty sure that I am not the only one that has encountered this, as I started a thread on it a few months back and a couple of others mentioned the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

For a while the SA client worked great on my computer, then, one day just refused to connect. It can't be my video card or hardware as it connected fine before with the same hardware.

My guess is that something - possibly a hidden file I can't find or some obscure entry in my Registry is stopping it from connecting to the Login Server.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
are you behind a firewall or antivirus program that could be blocking it?

O

Omega9

No, i have tried turning off all firewalls. Will not connect with firewall on or off. Did the same with the router.

Thing is, it was connecting fine with the firewall (Kaspersky) i am using now running.