• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endal's Imbuing and Armor Calculator

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Endal's Imbuing and Armor Calculator
http://www.danielnicolai.com/ArmorCalculator-1.4.xlsx

ArmorExcel03.jpg

Hey there, I was playing with my armor earlier and I made up an excel sheet, then I played with it more... then more... then it fell off (zing) and now I think I have it about right.

I'm hoping that people out there can check this over and give me back some notes on it. I want to try to make this as easy to use as possible and I am a total noob at Excel. I'm fairly good at math though, so that's how this works.

So on the top there is the Baseline Stats, enter your gear's stats there and make sure that all of your gear on the left has those same stats. That should set your Crafting Baseline Totals all to 0. When you add stats to this, they will go up and that's to represent your exceptional bonuses.

Below that is the Enhance Mods. Enter the enhancement bonus of whatever you are using to enhance your items with and they will be applied automatically to the stats listed above and will fall into place with what the resistances are. It's a bit confusing right at first, but it should be easy to pick up on.

Below all of that is the imbuing calculator. I am fairly sure that this works correctly, but some feedback would be awesome. Originally I only set this up for attributes that you can imbue, but then I also added it for ones that can be reforged as well, so everything should be in here and should add up. This is the big part that I need to have people bug-test.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for sharing and thanks for making it colorful. I won't use it because I hate Excel and just want to play a game and despise the maths involved in armour and weapon crafting! But still - thanks! If you want to improve it, add some screenshots.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Armor Calculator
This is the top of the screen where you can do your crafting/imbuing math. The numbers on the far right (Baseline Stats and Enhance Mods) you will type in yourself based on the class of armor and the material you are using. This one appears to be a Platemail Suit with Verite Ingots.

So what you will do is set the baseline numbers on the top row to match what an unexceptional item is (you enter those in yourself) and then you can start work to find out what your base numbers should be. For example, to enhance the physical resists on this armor to the max of 70 you will need to add 16 points total. You can work those points out however you want, or you can aim for the baselines (in this case you will want two items with a 7 in physical and four with 8). Once you have set those numbers in, the Crafting Bonus Totals will change to reflect your Exceptional bonuses. That way you will know how close you are to the highest possible crafting mods.

It is also best to add in your imbuing changes to THIS section by just overadding since the lower section has a lot of math sequences coded into it, but that's all your choice, the bottom section CAN be edited, but if you overwrite you will need to fix it (or just re-download this file)

The bottom section (Enhanced Resistances) will change automatically and you don't need to adjust this bar at all.

ArmorExcel01.jpg

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Imbuing Calculator
All imbuing variables are included in this section and while it may be hard to see on this picture below, areas that you cannot imbue on various items are colored a light grey. You can still edit these areas, however, since Reforging counts towards these points and the weight is still included while imbuing.

This calculator is very simple. Just insert the values that you are going to imbue into the correct column and the weight will be added at the top of the graph added up with all of the other weights you are applying. You ARE able to go over the Max Weight value here and it will just add the values up as normal, so it's up to you to keep an eye on that. I added in the Max Imbuable Weight on the right (orange column) so you can keep track of what you should be adding.

ArmorExcel02.jpg

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Armor and Imbuing Calculator - V1.2
http://danielnicolai.com/ArmorCalculator-1.2.xlsx

I have updated the information for the Calculator, quite a few of my imbuing algorithms were off, but they are fixed now. I also fixed a few problems with white areas being where they shouldn't in the imbuer section and I darkened the dark areas in the same.

Please let me know if you find any more errors or if you want me to add some features. I'm still learning Excel, but if you want something, I can probably build it. ;)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really liking this but the "enhance mods" automatically adds numbers for 5 parts.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh, I was putting on some artifacts before I uploaded, I thought I put that back. I'll fix it up later today.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Armor and Imbuing Calculator - v1.4
http://www.danielnicolai.com/ArmorCalculator-1.4.xlsx
  • Added the Goal line to the Armor Builder section so that you can adjust what the final value you are aiming for is.
  • Added Drop-down list to Enhanced Resistances so you can use different materials on each item.
  • Added Drop-down list to Armor Type (on top right) so you can see numbers for the various crafted armors
  • Removed dependancy of Armor Type for the Imbuing numbers, note that Studded Leather armors will not display properly.
On the far right, where it reads "Leather Armor" you may select a drop-down list that will let you see the values of the various armor types at their base. You cannot copy/paste these numbers into the armor values to the right, they are just there for reference.
Excel5.jpg
On the Enhanced Resistances portion there are two major changes. First, the "Goal" column allows you to change what your goal resistance is, allowing this calculator to be easily transferred from one play-style to the next (and from human/gargoyle to elf).
The second change are the columns that currently say "Iron." These values are another drop-down list that will allow you to change the materials that you are using on each piece of armor. Each column may be adjusted independently and the proper bonus will be applied to the values listed in the Baseline Resistances column.

Last edited: