• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) EM's Oceania Battle Chess Event - Nov 2010

A

Amathist

The call went out EM Delang and EM Aeon were calling Oceanian's forth to a battle of strategy and it seems weakness....Battle Chess.

It was kind of like battle chess harry potter style but with a twist, in this battle chess the first team to loose all of its players to death would win the glory.

Each player took up a square as the chess pieces, a king was crowned and the game began. This did take a little while to sort out teams and rules but once things were settled it was fine.

There was Team Delang in the green and Team Aeon in the blue, each team presented with robes. There were three members from PoC in attendance Amelia, Akela and Myself (Amathist) and at least 29 other Oceanians.

PoC were all lucky enough to be placed on the same team, Team Delang. Our King was Death Clown (sorry I did not get a screen shot or guild of him or others) - by my calculation there should only be 32 of these robes max on Oceania.

Basic Rules:

1) Each player must follow the instruction of the King and only move like what ever chess piece they where playing as would, according to normal chess rules.

2) No Casting On Anyone - other then yourself

3) Each Side must take turns, first team to all die wins. (yes the object of each battle was to loose and die first)

4) When in battle you MUST actively attack your opponent.

The Battle chess got off to a slow start, it was a little confusing at first and not everyone grasped the concept of setting out to die. Once the Battle Chess was under way it went fairly smoothly with teams cheering on members with chants I know I had never heard before like "Down with the King" and "woo hoo way to die".

Once the game was finished, Team Delang under the instruction of King Death Clown were awarded the title of winners of the Oceania Battle Chess Competition for November 2010.

Thank you to EM's Aeon and Delang for the event, I am looking forward to the next event.