• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Empty Kegs Needed

G

In order to keep up with the high demand of potions I am asking anyone willing to donate their empty kegs to drop them off at Trinsic Gate and East Umbra Bridge Vendor Shops. I have placed a basket accessible to anyone on the porch of each location between the teleporters and your donations would greatly be appreciated.

<center>
</center>

<center>
</center>

G

Zeb,

Zento community center has had a keg donation container for ages, but since I closed down the seed bank, there isn't much reason for people to visit there. Last I checked, there were around 20 kegs in there, help yourself (I think it is the peach gift basket on the right side of the porch).

-Skylark

G

If you don't get enough donations, I sell them on my vendor at Mo'gluk's tower.

K

Khaza

I tried to drop 7 or 8 empty kegs off but it won't allow me

Says need to be in a house I own to lock them down when I drop them in the basket

G

You can't add to a locked down pile or container (even if set to "anyone") unless you are friended or higher to the house. To make a donation container, unfortunately one must set it to secure, and "anyone" access, which means people can freely add AND remove items. All my donation containers at the Zento Community Center are secures set to anyone. It has worked well, but of course the items being donated are not really valuable.

-Skylark

G

I guess the message to me is, there are enough kegs being re-cycled on the shard to make my trying to sell new ones a waste of time, resources and vendor space.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I guess the message to me is, there are enough kegs being re-cycled on the shard to make my trying to sell new ones a waste of time, resources and vendor space.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure Petra, but I had stopped selling them long ago when I ran vendors, and only sold them in bulk when people asked. I sometimes made them for my own potion keg needs, when the recycling program was flaky at times, but I really didn't need to do that very often. (I once received a donation of 100 empty kegs from an avid resource plant grower). Of course all that was back when the shard was more active. There may still be a market for it if people aren't getting with the requested recycling programs.

-Skylark

G

Sorry guys wasn't being rude just receiving enough keg donations to sorta keep up

I

imported_Death of Hemp

I have 40 -50 empty kegs that I would trade you for a few full kegs =)

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately the system of keg use is such that the resource pool only grows... Every keg produced is potentially one keg more in the world than there were previously (this is opposed to say, armor, where technically it decays[but can be repaired]) so I imagine demand to buy kegs is small since they dont go anywhere unless intentionally destroyed.

I'd love to see a crafter-love fix where items *more limited* uses... for example kegs could only be used say twice before they 'eroded'. and powder of fort was removed from game, andbottles were crafted and not npc bought, and repair almost always killed a point of durability... but... i can imagine a lot of uber item holders would be opposed to this:)

I

imported_Salaw

I have about 40 or empties you can have. I'll try to get to your place today.