• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Embarressing question

Whitestar4016

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I primarily use my mage for combat, now with the bane chosen guard (aka Bane
bone demon) it almost seems to be a weakness. You cant cast the major
offensive spells like ev or even spellcasters natures fury. but you can summon
fey. My point is when i use magic against the demon I keep getting teleported
to him. (its really annoying when its like 6-7 times a minute.)

Now I've noticed that many others aren't (at least not that I could see) being
teleported to him. Is there a ranged attack or somewhat that you can use. I
noticed the most effective folks are bards and tamers. (neither of which I went
and mastered) Are those the only options or am I just whining. Eh anyway
thanks in advance and as always Enjoy and Live Well

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While you can still get sucked in, I believe it's less likely if there's a dragon already fighting it, and you use a ranged weapon (bow or thrown), instead of casting. Consider getting a mage weapon demon slayer and trying that.

Or, just make a deal with the tamers, to keep their pets healed. One guy healed my GD for several hours, and if I'd gotten any Defilers during that period, he'd have gotten the first one.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is something many people misunderstand. EA has taken a step forward with their monster AI that we are seeing more and more on high end monsters (Slasher, Peerless, Bane, etc.)

What is really happening is that the monster has a chance to "counter-attack". This chance is greatly increased by certain types of player attacks. Any hit has a chance to provoke a counter attack. However, certain attacks are more likely to provoke the attack. Mage spells is definately one of the things that is more likely to cause a counter attack, as are summons. In addition, hit spell on weapons will increase the chance of a counter attack. If you learn the counter attacks for certain monsters, you will learn what and what not to fight them with.

A good example is the Slasher, while archery is great against him, smart people dont use weapons that have hit spell on them. Hit spell will increase the chance for his fire arrow attack and its not worth the few extra points of damage you will get on him.

It really is a smart idea by EA, it ensures that no one template can take down everything in the game.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is this Vortex character that I have not seen in a long time :p Good to see you around. To the OP I agree with Vortex. Slasher is way easier soloing or with one other person than a group.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is this Vortex character that I have not seen in a long time :p Good to see you around. To the OP I agree with Vortex. Slasher is way easier soloing or with one other person than a group.
Hey there!

How about a hunt this Saturday morning? I think Lucky will even be there.

Z

Zev Vir'cyth

Fenster and I take them like this. He discords them, then I put my GD on it. After it is fighting the dragon, I attack it with a demon slayer bow,(tamer is an archer). Then Fenster comes it with his dexxer using a demon slayer Museum kryss. Goes down fairly easy. Is harder when more peeps get involved, I guess the answer above about the various weapons is the reason. Takes a lot longer if you do not discord it.