• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Video] Bagball Practice Matches

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[EM Video] Bagball Practice Matches (Updated: 12/02/11)

Practice 1

Due to a lack of opponents the Yewish Yewnited had to play themselves for the first match. The team split in to two and with the addition of Reann from Trinsic formed The Skins and The Shirts.
Let the game begin!

The first half:
[YOUTUBE]V3z0gBoTB8U[/YOUTUBE]

The second half:
[YOUTUBE]tfqhVpAJd_k[/YOUTUBE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

Practice 2

More people showed up for the second match and so the Yewish Yewnited played a match against Trinsic.
Let the game begin!

The first half:
[YOUTUBE]4ZBiq5iwQB4[/YOUTUBE]

The second half:
[YOUTUBE]dVCDrjgmmws[/YOUTUBE]​

Source: Europa Event Moderators Website

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Monday the 7th of February 2011 we once again gathered at the Luna Bagball Stadium to play a practice match. The match was between the Yewish Yewnited and The Blues.

Practice 3

The first half:

[youtube]kpxI75EBN5I[/youtube]

The second half:

[youtube]G5P6SnSXrRU[/youtube]

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 'Blues' were a scratch team made up of volunteers from the crowd - two who were pretty good, Bunnie, Cyka, and me dragging down the quality of the team. Ended up a pretty close game though, we lost 7-5 to a much more experienced squad from Yew.

I'm surprised how few teams we seem to have so far, I've asked a couple of folks I know in guilds and generally it seems there are one or maybe two people in each bigger guild who are keen to have a go, but not enough to make up a team! This seems a bit odd in big guilds, surely four people should be possible even on the modern, less-crowded Europa? I also hear some folks say it's mainly and 'RP' thing so they don't feel like they would fit in - completely wrong, anyone can play and have fun, it just happens that the RP folks were keen, and stepped forward first!

Anyone even slightly interested in playing, just get your selves to the match .... the EMs are looking at best ways to get teams made up of volunteers from the crowd (maybe by announcing which 'towns' are playing that night, so you can find yourself representing Jhelom, or Zento, for the evening!) so there's a pretty good chance anyone coming along will get to play even if you guild or alliance can't quite seem to find enough for their own regular team - although of course I'm pretty sure any 'registered' teams will get preference for matches because they make the effort to get organised, there are nowhere near enough of those so you have a damn good chance of playing in a 'scratch' team if you just get yourself to the stadium.

Damnit, Europa invented the game, if nothing else it's embarrassing that tournaments on other shards got more activity and players than we can manage to put together.... get yourselves there and have a laugh!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gah... having asked more folks to go along and support this - I ended up missing this evening's match myself, through sheer stupidity... :sad3:

Anyone know how it went?

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don´t think there was a match last night. Went to the arena at quarter past eight and it was all empty except for a skittering hopper.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't any notice on the website or I'd have went too, Maybe not on?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks - maybe killing off Dawn the night before wore the EMs out a bit.... ;)

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks - maybe killing off Dawn the night before wore the EMs out a bit.... ;)
It was also Valentine's Day.. which I assume had something to do with it not being run. Numbers, on an already low participation event (sadly), would have been poor, since people would have been out in real life, not online in UO :) On top of this Grd, which has made up about 1/3 of the people attending in the first two games, wouldn't have been able to attend even if they were online due to the quarantine of Yew.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don´t think there was a match last night. Went to the arena at quarter past eight and it was all empty except for a skittering hopper.
My bad, I went earlier and it was deserted but you weren't online to tell:( Blame Aurelius for giving me bad information :D

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad, I went earlier and it was deserted but you weren't online to tell:( Blame Aurelius for giving me bad information :D
I would, he's always talking rubbish ... ;).

Seems the 15th has also fallen victim of the plague in Yew - I should have guessed, since I logged in to my home to find the area was now a refugee camp!