• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM NEWS] Winter Wonderland House Deco Contest, Deadline For Entries December 14

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from EM Faine Morgan's official website UO - Origin Events

December Schedule of Events
Posted By EM Faine Morgan on November 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland House Deco Contest

Beginning on December 1st, submissions will be accepted for Origin’s EM Winter Wonderland House Decoration Contest. Each house must in some way reflect the Winter Season (this can be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. or simply the winter season).

To enter, simply drop a rune in the green mailbox at the Award Hall on Origin. Please name the rune with your house’s name and whether the house is public or private. For example, “Faine’s Gingerbread Cottage – Public”. If your house is private, please also send an email to [email protected] so we can arrange a time for me to view your house.

Entries will be accepted through 7 p.m. Pacific (8 p.m. Mountain, 9 p.m. Central, 10 p.m. Eastern) Time on December 14th. Once the entry period ends, I will post the submissions on our internal Event Moderator site and ask the other Ultima Online EM’s to vote for their favorite. On December 20th, there will be an open tour of all the houses for everyone and the winner will be announced at that time.

There is a portal to the Award House outside the Britain Counselor’s Hall. By entering this contest, you agree to set your house public on the evening of the tour.

Reminder ... The deadline is rapidly approaching, and as of this evening (December 10) there has been one entry submitted.

C

Crystal Canyon

I have been so busy in real that I'm actually slower than usual, if you can even imagine that!

I will have the house ready by the 14th.

We need to get a group together and go threaten Brat, that if she doesnt get her house finished, we will rob her of her oven and spread her cookie dough all over the front of her house! But, in her defence, someone (Can't imagine who..uhmmm False) did eat alot of her decorations! (He is next on the list to vandalize).

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been so busy in real that I'm actually slower than usual, if you can even imagine that!

I will have the house ready by the 14th.

We need to get a group together and go threaten Brat, that if she doesnt get her house finished, we will rob her of her oven and spread her cookie dough all over the front of her house! But, in her defence, someone (Can't imagine who..uhmmm False) did eat alot of her decorations! (He is next on the list to vandalize).
Maybe we should use Falseprophet for a Christmas ornament!!!

E

Eyes of Origin

I submitted mine last night. I wanted to do more, but with everything going on irl, it will just have to do as is lol :)

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This will tell you something of how things have gone so far.

I have a 7' Christmas tree up in the living room in RL...There are lights and no ornaments on it yet.

GO figure hehe

E

Eyes of Origin

LOL i hear ya there Cassie. My tree is setting here bare too. Lights and tinsle, no ornaments till this weekend.

C

Crystal Canyon

False, I think you did sit in the chairs!!! ANd you left cookie crumbs there also. :lol:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't wanna know where all the ornaments got hung from. No, no I don't.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I decorated the Christmas tree in real life...and now half of the ornaments are on th efloor due to a darling kitten.

*sigh*

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I decorated the Christmas tree in real life...and now half of the ornaments are on th efloor due to a darling kitten.

*sigh*
My Christmas tree is very bare from about up about 4' to the floor ... My 6-month old puppy took one look at all those balls on the tree and thought she was in puppy fetch heaven. I removed all ornaments she could possibly reach, and just decorated the top half of the tree this year.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought she would leave them be. She's 2.5 years old this year. Last night when I finally got to log in UO I look over my shoulder and she's 2 feet from the top of the 7 foot tree.

She is front declawed...so not sure how she managed that.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to note, as of this morning i have pictures of kitten in tree, kitten fighting the older cat from her perch in the tree and other cute tree pictures that I'll post when I get home.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to note, as of this morning i have pictures of kitten in tree, kitten fighting the older cat from her perch in the tree and other cute tree pictures that I'll post when I get home.
Kittens, cats and Christmas trees are soooo funny. I can't wait to see your pics.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The calendar on UO - Origin Events says the Tour of Homes is 6pm Pacific (7pm Mountain, 8pm Central, 9pm Eastern), Sunday, December 20, meet at West Brit Bank, and be sure to bring candles.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of the entries were just amazing ... Like EM Faine Morgan and EM Molly O'Malley, I'm glad I didn't have to try to decide a winner in this contest! Screenshots of the entries were posted on the EM forums and the EMs voted 'Crystal's Christmas Wonderland' as the winner. Congratulations Crystal!

(I'm going to try to get caught up on articles tomorrow, and will have screenshots of all the Winter Wonderland Homes and Candlelight Tour up in a day or two.)

E

Eyes of Origin

Congrats Crystal, I am sorry I missed it, but you definitly deserve it!!

C

Crystal Canyon

Congrats Crystal, I am sorry I missed it, but you definitly deserve it!!
No...I think everyone deserved it! I sure wish you had of been there. YOu cant believe some of the great deco items we saw on the tour. My head was spinning with ideas when we were finished. You would have had the same feeling!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No...I think everyone deserved it! I sure wish you had of been there. YOu cant believe some of the great deco items we saw on the tour. My head was spinning with ideas when we were finished. You would have had the same feeling!
You're absolutely correct, Crystal ... I know picking just one house had to have been a difficult decision for the judges.
I marked runes at all 6 houses ... the 5 entries, and the house that was submitted too late for judging, but was included in the tour. If you had to miss the tour, contact me and we'll make arrangements to visit the houses.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am going to have to apologize but for some reason I took my house down last night. but i did save a picture. (Lord knows what I was thinkin, musta been the nog)

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to note that UOHomeDecor is sponsoring a Christmas Contest as well. Check out the Homes and Gardens forums for details :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to have to apologize but for some reason I took my house down last night. but i did save a picture. (Lord knows what I was thinkin, musta been the nog)

I'm going hide all your eggnog from you, falseprophet!!!! ;)

Here's a message from EM Faine Morgan to the shard:

I wanted to let you know that I have pictures of all except the last house and will be putting them on the EM Website this weekend (if I can get it to work). I'm still having a few difficulties with the new provider but I'm planning to work on that while I'm on vacation. I figure a sledge hammer should solve most of the issues.

Also, I'll put a rune book with all the entries at the Award House if people want to tour them before they are taken down. I'm going to try to hop over and get pics of the last house before I post them.

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! Are you ready to overeat? Lord knows I am!'

E

Eyes of Origin

I'm going hide all your eggnog from you, falseprophet!!!! ;)

Here's a message from EM Faine Morgan to the shard:

I wanted to let you know that I have pictures of all except the last house and will be putting them on the EM Website this weekend (if I can get it to work). I'm still having a few difficulties with the new provider but I'm planning to work on that while I'm on vacation. I figure a sledge hammer should solve most of the issues.

Also, I'll put a rune book with all the entries at the Award House if people want to tour them before they are taken down. I'm going to try to hop over and get pics of the last house before I post them.

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! Are you ready to overeat? Lord knows I am!'
Just my luck shes running late :p No runebook yet at the Award house.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just my luck shes running late :p No runebook yet at the Award house.
The runebook should be at the Origin Award house now, along with a trophy for Crystal PLUS a trophy for Crystal outside the winning house.

Also, I see the lanterns outside of each of the entries that say, 'This House Was Photographed For The Origin Winter Wonderland Tour Of Homes By The Origin EM's' are still in place. Hopefully those will be left!

Y

yui@hub

Congrats Crystal and Happy New Year!!

Thank you all visiting my island and house even though I was late for entree the event.
It was my pleasure to join to the event.
I'll be looking forward to see other coming events, which is managed by our wonderfull EMs with new EM Molly who I met tonight at EM house.

I hope you enjoy a great year of 2010 and shard of origin.

Thank you ^o^/

YUI
Guild Leader of HUB

C

Crystal Canyon

Congrats Crystal and Happy New Year!!

Thank you all visiting my island and house even though I was late for entree the event.
It was my pleasure to join to the event.
I'll be looking forward to see other coming events, which is managed by our wonderfull EMs with new EM Molly who I met tonight at EM house.

I hope you enjoy a great year of 2010 and shard of origin.

Thank you ^o^/

YUI
Guild Leader of HUB
Happy New Year to you also and thank you.

Your house was amazing! I almost moved in and just stayed there...LOL