• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM News] The High Council of Britannia: New Details

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The High Council of Britannia: New Details
WarderDragon

Lord Jenkins - Commanding Officer of the Britannian Guard and current de facto ruler of Central Britannia - has spent the past couple of nights promoting his dream of a democratic High Council.

These are some of the highlights.

There are nine candidates running for a seat on the Council: Valek Typhoon, Fig the Ancient, Handalf the Rooster, Na'Tar the Black, Ta'lin Birdsong, Sir Astro, Happy the Fool, Lord Elladan Faeryn of Trinsic and Fern Goodfellow.

Speeches to promote the Council have been brought to the auspicious locations of Skara Brae and New Magincia.

Parties interested in running will have until the end of the week to petition the Captain and announce their bid.

Candidates will be required to participate in at least one Speech and one Debate. Emissaries of the Kingdom will meet with each nominee this week to discuss the best time for all parties involved.

The Captain announced that candidates are not required to reside within the geopolitical borders of Britannia. Candidates are - however - required to be Britannian Citizens.

When the Council is elected, it will draft a Declaration of Purpose and a Constitution defining Britannian Laws and Rights.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [EM News] The High Council: New Details and a List of Candidates.

I hope someone records those speeches and debates! That'd be awesome to see but there's not much chance I can attend them myself.