• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM News] A Council of Citizens. Event Monday at 8:30 PM PST / 11:30 PM EST.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Council of Citizens
EM Seppo

Citizens of Britain,

I come before you on the turn of a new era. Ever since the assassination of Queen Dawn, our kingdom has lived under the haze of uncertainty. Uncertainty is often a precursor to greater disturbances as our enemies seek to exploit. As such, I, Jenkins, formerly Captain of Britannian Royal Expeditionary Forces, found myself in the not so enviable position of imposing a martial law in the light of the extraordinary situation that we faced.

Now, with a great sense of relief, I announce a vision for our future. A vision in which all loyal citizens and allies of Britain will have a stake in and play a role in shaping it. As announced during the Spring Festival, the kingdom is to form a ruling council to lead the kingdom. The seat of our true king will remain empty, but instead the decisions will be formed by the council. The members of the council will be elected through a democratic process. Any person willing to plea allegiance to the people of Britain and the virtues will be allowed to stand for a seat at the council. In coming days, you will see me holding meetings across our land to explain the idea of the council and seek out candidates interested in a seat at the council.

Furthermore, in a show of support and gratitude towards the independent kingdoms who have consistently rallied to Britain’s aid, their representative will be granted a seat at the council. The responsibilities and role of this representatives within the council will be determined through negotiations with the individual kingdoms.

The preliminary information meeting for the council will take place at the throne room this coming Saturday at 8:30 PM PST. I hope to see all of you there.

Strength and Honor,

Captain Jenkins

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: [EM News] A Council of Citizens. Event Tonight at 8:30 PM PST / 11:30 PM EST.

My only question, is the council limited as to what species can seek nomination? I sure would hate to have to petition the SS&CCLU (The Sosarian Slug & Chicken Civil Liberties Union) I anxiously await reply

silmwarensurion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Re: [EM News] A Council of Citizens. Event Tonight at 8:30 PM PST / 11:30 PM EST.

Umm...

No, captain jenkins.

These things may be planned by you; But, never will they be allowed too root and become fruition. I have forseen this anouncement from you and you only. My only imperfection in this matter, was that I had thought It would have come much sooner. Then I saw why I was incorrect in this. I did not include your predictable behavior of showing up after a battle has ended. Many occasions have I never saw you in mortal battles until after it was over. Oh yes there you were congratulating the battered, bloodied, and bruised worn. Yes, there you were, In full decorative ceromonial armor, Fully shined and freshly oiled.

But your plans of this pathetic council and all who will sit upon it will have no power.

For I am the ruler of Sosaria now!

You may of course go on with your little charade. But once any decree by you or any member of this puppet show is attempted to be enforced upon any of my citizens; I will myself come and strike you down.

Many are tired of this thing you call the virtues. It came from an outlander!

Has Semidar ever stepped into Britannia? No!
But you and your ilk molest her incestantly. Why? Because you have invaded her lair and killed her subjects with no provocation. What of Neira, and Rikktor?
They are the victims of greed. Despite your unrelenting attacks upon them, all you can do is banish them temporarily.
I have stood before them and they have pledged their assistance. I have with but a word whispered; The power to command a 1000 greater dragons, 1000 Lich Lords, and 1000 of the most nightmarish demons ever imagined. With this word; They will be in the streets of Britannia.

The time of the virtues is over. That outlander who has left was one of selfish greed. He created such a vile thing. For it has become a thing to use so that many can validate themselves and their personal desires for riches and power.

So Jenkins you have no power here. Your plan for this council, those who will sit upon, and those who will attend tonights meeting, all of these will be written down upon a list, and will be deemed as treasonous.

I am herby declaring the virtues and all who follow them as outlaws.

You are done Jenkins.

If you value your life and those around you, take your weapons and lay them at the entrance of the castle in Britannia. If you ignore this decree then it will be war. I will come and level the castle as my first act, and replace it with a grand tower.

Do not think me as one without kindness or of generousity, jenkins.
You can have a place with me. You can stand next to me holding a tray of fruit and my favorite drink; Elvish tea.

(ooc) on a lighter note. check out this cataloged story from an archive i have discovered of the B.R.E.F lead by capt jenkins...
Holy Grail - Killer Bunny - Bing Videos

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Update: I am really sorry but have to postpone the meeting to Monday (8:30 PM PST). Internet is down and no one is going to fix it during the weekend.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Power down your modem and router, then turn it back on.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this Thread merely to distribute information as to where and when this Event will occur? Or may Baja's Players discuss here in advance what we either expect or Hope For at this upcoming Event?

Personally, I'd be interested in having a "pre-Event" discussion.

Lord Elladan of Trinsic / Baja

L

Lindae

I will endeavour to be there, if only for a chance to slap that uppity drow.

Blue Madam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible to summarize the meeting, please? I unfortunately couldn't make it. (RL tends to get in the way, ya know?)

I would like to know the particulars.

Thank you.