• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] EM Names

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know when character names with EM in them were disallowed? Im wondering because i found this.

If it Was crafted by the actual EM does anyone know if these were handed out at any time? or just a random lantern that someone got there hands on.
If it is real im thinking a lantern collector might value it. I know most EM crafted stuff isnt worth much, but this is the actual EM's name, and a lantern which alot of people like including myself. Thanks in advance.
Untitled.png

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Promethium was one of Atlantic's EMs for awhile. I can't recall any time that he would have handed out anything like that, but I'll let someone with more knowledge answer. :)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have several times in the past made char names starting with "EM".

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for both your responses. S_S, do you remember how long ago? If the change was made like 5 or 6 years ago then the lantern was probably made by the EM, unless someone randomly decided to make a character named EM promethium which i doubt. I think he was an em maybe 2 or 3 years ago? if the allowed name change was made around that time then it would very possible a copycat character was made, but if a couple years before probably the EMs lantern. Whatever the case, i still think its cool. even if it was made by a copycat character there arent many characters of that name it seems. Unlike a popular name of the dye lady.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The change hasn't been that long ago because I created chars with EM names for pumpkin spawning.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks, so most likely just a player crafted lantern. still a cool little trinket seeing as you cant make the name anymore and there arent 1000 characters named EM Promethium, itll probably replace some random lantern i use just for light in my house.