• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Fiction] The Pot Boils - Searching for the Ingredients Part I. Tonight @ 7:00.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tiamat reached the lab of the Evil One, Murdock. Little was left of it after the War against the Guardians and Murdock himself. The crystals holding the souls had shattered at the Dark Priests death leaving nothing behind.

Tiamat gingerly made her way about the room, searching for any clue that might help her. She was beginning to give up, thinking that there was nothing there, when she spotted a skeletal corpse lying in the corner. Beneath the bones as a dusty book. Could this be what she had been searching for?

Gingerly she made her way over and picked up the book. She was barely able to make out the words on the front. "Incantation Spells." Could this be what she was looking for? Tiamat went and sat in the chair and begain looking through the book 'neath the candle light. The pages were tattered and worn, and turning them delicately she finally came to a page that had a picture of a large dragon and the words Dragon Form beneath it. Excited, she hastily scanned down the page.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, "The spell I need!" As she read further the smile left her face and a frown replaced it.

She read it out loud. "A dragon ye shall be if these items are found and placed into a boiling cauldron. When a misty steam begins to rise, speak these words to transform thyself into the Dragons Form."

"Kal Vas Ral Quas Xen Flam."

And into the pot, yet shall put the following.

Feather of a Predator Harpy.

Scale of a Dread Sea Serpent.

Eye of a Tainted Wolf.

Hair of the Tail of a Nightmare Steed.

Dried Wings of a Pixie.

Stir all with a Leg Bone from a Crumbled Skeleton.

And after you speak the spell, ye shall be transformed."

"Be warned there is great risk involved in the Enchantment, for if it does not work, ye shall be in the form you are forever more. Only once may this enchantment be cast upon thee, or the Aura of Death shall be laid at your feet."

"How in the world am I to gather all this?" She said with an anguished cry. "Perhaps if I could find the Old Hag I have heard mention of, she might have the Ingredients!?"

Tiamat set fourth from the Lair and made her way to the Hut of the Old Hag. The Crone was known for her strange potions and odd nature.

"Come in! Come in!" The Old Hag chortled when she heard the knock upon her door. Warily, Tiamat pushed the door open and stepped inside. The Hag stood with her back to her, standing over a large cauldron, busily stirring the contents within.

"Well don't just stand there! Hand me that bag on yon counter," she scowled. "Make yerself useful!"

Tiamat handed the Old Hag the bag, wondering as she did what was contained inside. Perhaps some kind of ingredient for a spell the Old Hag is brewing up?

The Hag opened the bag and unceremoniously dumped it into the Cauldron. Tiamat blinked in surprise as she saw clothes spilling out of the satchel. "Wash day, Girly. Even an Old Hag needs clean clothes," she cackled as she stirred vigorously.

"Now. What do the likes of you be needin' from an Ol' Hag?" she said as she turned to face the former Black Dragon. A look of concentration came upon the hags face, her brows furrowing as her held tilted. She walked in a slow circle around Tiamat, looking her over from head to foot.

"Well, ye ain't what ye appear to be, that's fer sure!" she said as she stopped in front of Tiamat once more. "There's more to ye girl than the normal eye can see. I see another soul trapped within. And you, you're surely not a human, not the kind that normally parades around here wantin' meh help..." "...Mayhaps you'll be kind enough ta tell me what you are and what ye be wantin'?"

Tiamat told the Old Hag what had happened to her. How she had come to have the Soul of the White Wizard. Of Murdock and his Death. And finding the Old Incantation Book.

"I am in great hope that you have what is needed for the Spell," she expressed to the Hag. "Then I can rid myself of the Soul of the Wizard, and become what I once was. The Black Dragon."

"Yes, yes. I can see the Dragon that lurks within. But are ye sure you be wantin' to become again?" the Hag asked. "Your human side seems to be strong...powerful! You have ingrained much of the Great Wizard in your own Soul, Girl. Mayhaps it would be best to stay as ye are?"

Looking forlorn, Tiamat responded. "But I must...I must be a Dragon again! That is what I was born as, and what I should be. The Wizards soul needs to be freed and set at peace."

"Child," the Hag replied. "Sometimes we become what we are by Destiny, and it be for the better." Then seeing the downcast eyes of Tiamat, she added. "But no matter. Have ye the Book of Incantations? I'll have a look and see what I have here to help ye."

Tiamat handed the old tattered book over to the Hag and watched as she opened it and began turning the pages.

"Well, I'll be...!" She exclaimed in excitement. "There is a Spell in here for turning Princes inta Frogs! I thought that was a bunch of horse pucky!" She chuckled. "All, here it are. Incantation for becoming a Dragon." She continued. "Girl, did you read this? What it says...? This spell transforms ye into a Dragon, not makes you what ye once were, and at the end there ... it can only be cast once, or ye face Death."

"Yes, I read it, and I know it can only be tried once. As for the transforming, it should transform me back into a Dragon! I want to do this! Please, help me if you will," Tiamat cried.

Studying the Girl, the Old Hag sighed deeply. "I will try and help ye, but...be warned, this may work or it may not, and if it dinn'a work, then I can't help ye no more I'm thinkin'," she said.

"Now lets see," she murmured, making her way to a tall cupboard. She fit a key into the door, turned and opened it. Rummaging inside she began to place items on the table beside her.

"Feather from a Predatory Harpy in this Jar...eh? Whats this? Dried Mongbat Entrails? Those we don't need." She continued. "Hair of the Tail of a Nightmare." The Hag looked into the Jar. "Gettin' low on those. Ah, theres them Tainted Wolf Eyeballs. Been wond'rin where they were." She muttered. "Dried Pixie Wings. Aye, got those." The Old Hag searched her cupboard a bit more before returning to Tiamat.

"I gots most of the ingredients, Girly. Just two that I lack." She smirked. "I don't have any Dread Sea Serpent Scales, nor nary a bone from a Crumbled Skeleton. I think I used those up when I were tryin' ta make some new potions up. Love Potions! Not sure those made right either..." She rattled on.

"Anyways, gather up those last two and ye will have what needin'. I'll even let ye borrow me Ol' Cauldron to mix 'em in," she said. The Hag hanged a box containing the Ingredients to Tiamat.

Tiamat took the box from the Hag and thanked her profusely for her help.

Turning and leaving she knew what she needed now; The help of her friends from Town in gathering the last two ingredients. She made her way back towards the City of Britain to gather her companions and once more request their aid.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [EM Fiction] The Pot Boils - Searching for the Ingredients Part I.

** Update **

Searching For Ingredients Part 1 - Event.

Date: Feb. 7th 2011.

Time: 7:00 PM PST / 10:00 PM EST.

Note: Tiamat has requested that those planning to aid her prepare a Naval Vessel.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

BAD BAD timing, guess the EMs are not football fans. You do know that this is Super Bowl Sunday. Almost forgot GO GREEN BAY.

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The event is scheduled to be on Monday. There was probably a typo which got corrected on the EM website, but did not make its way over here. Please check the EM website for the most updated information.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

TYvm

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Corrected.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bump.

This is tonight.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Green Bay sucks.