• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Fiction] "The Black Dragon: Murdock and Tiamat." Tiamat Returns December 12th.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Murdock and Tiamat.
By EMCrysania

Father Murdock made his way into the dark dungeon where Tiamat was sleeping. Seeing the Dragon, he was sorely tempted to end its life then and there. Only knowing that the dragon held the soul of the wizard prevented him from doing the deed, knowing that it had to be done a precise way to gain what he seeked.

Walking up to where Tiamat lay, Father Murdock cast a protective spell upon himself. No matter that the dragon had no powers, her strength was still strong and he dared not leave it where he could be crushed by her foot or tail.

"Wake up you filthy beast," he said in a loud booming voice.

Startled, Tiamat rose to her full height. Looking down on him, she narrowed her eyes and stood silent.

"I know what you have beast, and I intend to take it from you. Be it by your death or other means. Preferably your death, but no matter, I shall have it." he bluntly said to her.

Working himself into another rage at the thought of what should have been his, Father Murdock spat out the following in rage to Tiamat.

"I was preparing the wizard, corrupting his soul, for my needs! I cannot take a virtuous soul, one who does good, it has to be for evil. He was bending to my ways, the monks chanting what they thought were spells of righteousness, spells I had evoked to them. Bah! They knew no better! They were spells to hold him in limbo, while his soul was corrupted! How he broke through the spells to attack you is beyond me. Perhaps he was stronger and resisting more than I knew. And upon his last breath, he gave you what I want! His soul! With his soul combined with mine, I will be the most powerful Dark Wizard of the realms! The realm is ready for taking! What havoc I shall reap!" He laughed insanely.

"The three principles corrupted. Then the virtues will no longer be! People will forget them and darkness will take over once more! Mayhem, havoc, chaos, death! I will send my armies out to destroy the shrines, for it is that only which will give me the power to extract the soul from the wizard you carry in you beast! I will have it! Once the shrines are destroyed, the virtues lost, it shall be done!”

Tiamat looked stunned. What Murdock had raged about could not happen!

"I doubt the people of the realm will let the shrines be destroyed evil one. Whether it be to protect the old wizards soul I carry or not. They live by the principles it seems, You will not be able to win!” She replied.

"So it is true, you speak the human language beast. Well, let me warn you, my dark armies are being readied to do just such. It will happen and the soul will be mine.” He said.

"I shall have your head hanging in my castle.”he cackled. Turning, he left Tiamat with a worried look in her eyes.

What now? she thought to herself. Should I go to those I am unsure about, and warn them? Is this one of the ways to regain my soul?

No matter, this deed by the evil one cannot happen, for it was certain death either way.

Tiamat started walking towards the entrance of the Dungeon. She would alert the people of the dangers Murdock had raged on about.

Let it be their choice.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [EM Fiction] "The Black Dragon: Murdock and Tiamat" by EM Crysania.

You can find earlier fiction related to the Black Dragon Arc here.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [EM Fiction] "The Black Dragon: Murdock and Tiamat" by EM Crysania.

The Dragon Informs.
By EMCrysania

Tiamat will arrive at the First Bank of New Britain to tell players what she has learned on Sunday, December 12th at 7:30 PM PST / 10:30 PM EST.

The Shrines will be checked for possible dark armies in the area at that time.

The Dark Father Murdock did not specify which shrines might be involved - or their locations - so come prepared for anything.