• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Fiction / News] "Santa's Dilemma" by EM Crysania.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"Oh dear, oh dear," cried Santa as he put on his suit. "This won't do. It just won't do!"

"What ever is wrong, Santa?" Mrs. Claus asked, looking out from the doorway of the kitchen with the Golden Brew Tavern Special Holiday Cookbook clutched tight in her hand.

"Look at me! My suit just hangs off of me! It's almost Christmas! What am I going to do?" he asked as he tried to stuff a feathered pillow down his suit.

"I told you, dear, you were using that new exercise equipment that Rudolph and the other Reindeer gave you too much over the year. Why, you're skin and bones!" Mrs. Claus said.

"You know they only wanted you skinny so they wouldn't have to pull around all that weight. I was afraid of something like this happening so I contacted Merrious the Elf in charge of the Magic Sets. He made up a potion for you to drink. It will make you nice and fat and able to fit in your suit in no time!" she said with a twinkling smile.

"Here! Have a bottle," he said, passing it to Santa. "Yes, now drink up...yes...all of it...thats right..."

"HO ho HO," chortled Santa a bit later. He was nice and round and fit his suit perfectly.

But little did Santa and Mrs. Claus know, Merrious the Elf had kept some of the potion for himself. He wanted to be the 'Big Elf in Charge,' literally! Not realizing that an Elfs Chemistry and a Humans are different, he chugged down a couple bottles.

Now, that poor Ol' Merrious did look rather strange. He was big and red. Not only that, the potion seemed to have confused him and now he was lost. Santa and the others thought he was taking a few evenings off before the big holiday rush, explaining his absense from the magic factory.

Little did they realize Merrious was wandering the countryside, trying to figure out a way back to the North Pole.

Note.

'A Mutated Elf' will appear in the World over the holiday period on all facets. He will drop hints in General Chat about his location. When you find the Elf, be sure to give him a Cookie to get a gift. But hurry though as he will not stick around for too long. Crowds tend to make him nervous.

P.S. If you have been naughty this past year you might get a very appropriate gift.

Happy Holidays!

Crysania and Seppo.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those interested in the Tale of Lord Nicolus and Christmas in the Context of Ultima Lore can find more information here.

Britannian News Network: Lord Nicholas Travels the Realm Bearing Gifts.

Lord British strolled over to the balcony overlooking the throne room. He paused momentarily, an unreadable expression on his face, but then smiled expansively when he noticed Lord Nicolus approaching from the stairs. He had asked Lord Nicolus to come speak with him about a special project for the end of the year. Lord British walked over to the stairs.

Lord Nicolus was an older man of indeterminate age. His dress bespoke a man of moderate means that dressed comfortably rather than well. Despite his partially advanced years, he carried himself well, standing tall and straight. His long grey beard hid his neck from view and matched his short hair in color.

"Thank thee for coming, Nicolus," Lord British greeted him, "I am looking forward to speaking with thee."

"My pleasure as always, my Liege," replied Lord Nicolus, "It has been a long while since last I visited thy castle."

"Indeed. I'm glad that this time 'tis a happier occasion," said Lord British, thinking back to the rash of house fires in the past when Lord Nicolus had demanded... er... strongly requested assistance to those who had lost everything they owned. Lord British had been happy to comply, but there had been problems with less than virtuous opportunists who tried to defraud their efforts. All in all, though, they had been able to help many people who deserved it. Lord British had been very impressed by Nicolus during this. Lord Nicolus had quickly and frequently offered anything he had to help those in need. It was his concern and compassion for others that bade Lord British to call on Nicolus again now.

"Let me explain to thee what I have in mind, Nicolus..."

Britannian News Network: Lord Nicolus Kidnapped but Valiantly Rescued.

Lord Nicolus returned to his duties as the bearer of gifts for the holiday season, but with one minor change. Lord British had gone to see him soon after his return. As he learned of the ordeal Lord Nicolus had undergone, Lord British nodded slowly to himself and then handed Lord Nicolus a new outfit that was a deep red. Lord Nicolus looked up at his Liege questioningly.

"Well, it would appear that Valor played a much larger role in thy duties than either of us would have ever expected," Lord British answered. "I believe this new red suit shall not only symbolize the bravery thou didst show during thy captivity, but shall also stand as a reminder of the valiant and courageous effort the people of the realm forged for thee."

Lord Nicolus only smiled in response and began to don the new outfit.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some Baja Lore on Christmas.

[News] The Widow and the Virgin of Tellu

On Monday, the 21st of December (375 A.B.), a small crowd began to gather around the northern fishing pier at the Skara Brae Faireground in Western Britannia. It was there that they had come to witness the Tale of Lady Fahnzjell, of the Virgin and the Crone of Tellu, and the miracle of the Singer and His Song.

It promised to be an interesting evening, one full of storytelling and prophecy.

At the eighth hour of the evening, after Helios had already begun his slow descent beneath the ridge of the Serpents Spine, they gathered there with candles and with open ears. Amongst them was Grand Duchess Wildstar, Lady Regent of the Kingdom of Dawn. Doctor Who, the Spirit of Time. Lord Elladan Faeryn, Paladin of New Trinsic. Claudia Drusilla, Regent of Hearthfire Haven. Magdalena Canzione, Servant of Queen Sheiba. Nicholas Tarrant, Knight of the Kingdom. Ceno, Master Historian of the Tower. Asimov of the Hall of Shadows. The Amber Witch. And of course, Lady Fahnzjell the Widow.

"There are many Stories about this time of year," Fahnzjell began. "Here in Britannia, we have the Solstice and the Yuletide. But there are other Stories. These are in fact Stories from other Worlds."