• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Fiction] Loose Ends...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nathan Hawke sat in the small room waiting. He had placed the box containing the crystal on the table and was staring at it. Somehow this thing had blown up the Dark Portal and the Altar west of where Magincia had once stood. Nathan shook his head, he was way out of his depth.

There was also the small matter of the person who had caused the Plague in Yew. Nathan had read the reports and realised that there was some good work being done in the Kingdom... The Kingdom. Now there was another loose end to tie up. At this precise moment there was a knock at the door and Nathan barked "Come in". A smile crossed Nathan's face as the stranger stepped into the room.

"Did you miss me eh?" the stranger said.

"Always" Nathan answered.

There was a hurried and hushed conversation and the box was passed into the hands of the stranger who quickly tucked it away. "I will be on my way then Nathan. I will let you know when the job has been done. Magincia must be cleansed" the stranger said as he shuffled out of the room.

The stranger placed the box at the correct location and made a few silent chants, his lips barely moving as the box seemed to melt into the ground slowly. And the cleansing began.

And then out of the ground a Black Arcane Circle began to appear. The stranger smiled. His work was now done and he returned to Nathan.

"It is done Nathan. Now take a rest you look tired" the stranger said with a look of bemusement on his face.

Nathan smiled back and said "Thank you old friend. Are you back for good?"

"I am back for... who knows how long?" And with a puff of smoke he disappeared.

Nathan slumped in his seat and went into a deep sleep...

Source: Loose Ends...