• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Events : gold hoarding occasions ??

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to rant about PvPers and PvP gear then go create yourself a new thread, don't try and mask it as a ridiculous rant over EM items.

We all know that the items created at events are not only given to PvPers. Trammies are usually the ones to get the items. EM items are not the secret fund for PvPers. PvPers have much better avenues of income in this game. After all, EMs are only relatively new (the new EMs, not the ones from long ago) and don't always hand out items. And if people want to spend a ridiculous amount to obtain the items from other players, all freedom to them.

Rares are always nice for the game and new rares are always awesome. The majority of rares over the years in UO are from events. At least the cool ones that is. Server rares are nice but event rares are are always the best kind in this game.

C

Cloak&Dagger

All I could think of at first was "wow" and man after reading all of popps replies in here, what is he really on about? He wants a UO where anyone can pvp and no one can gain the upper hand for any reason? So he wants to limit peoples skill? I mean really pvp can never be balanced like that -.-

also, I collect rares and I pvp. SO yea...rares do not fund my pvp, in fact it would seem my pvp funds my rares (all tho any one who pvps would know it is nearly impossible for this to actually work considering pvp is not lucrative)

Either way it does not imbalance any part of the game, so you are telling me the person who paid 100mil for the item is in no way just as able to buy this "uber pvp gear" that you are talking about? Isn't is just as likely that if no rares were ever around that people with 100 mil would still be the ones who would have the "uber pvp gear"? Seriously your argument is null and void as who ever HAS the money can have what they want, and just because one persons wants are different from another persons does not mean they should not be able to have it.

Real life situation, you have a coin it is worth 200,000 dollars, do you not sell it to get the things you want since it has "no" value to you? Do you just sit on it because you know that it is not fair that a nickle should be sold for such a high amount? is it fair? almost everyone in the country has a nickle, should they all be worth 200,000? Honestly null and void -.-

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good god popps, is this what your rant is about? Paranoid that the only people who get the items are secretly using them to fund their PvP gear?? Lol!

I knew it, you're still secretly ranting about PvP and PvP gear.
Isn't that the truth?

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not advocating the end of rares in UO by no means.

I like rares in UO, rares like the statue you mention, spittoons, server birth, old holiday items and so forth. Those I am very very fine with.

I am absolutely against with these NEWLY created rares, custom created, at EM Events, every few weeks.

While the other rares I see them as fit and proper for the game, these other EM Events rares I do not. To me it only looks like another gold mine to dig wealth out of a go-go, to fund PvP expensive high end costs and so maintain always a upper hand.

It hurts PvP to have players having more resources, unlimited resources, to fund their PvP expenses with.
Um imbuing evened out pvp for everyone, were have you been?.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, what if, regardless of the reasons which are irrelevant to the discussion of this, these new rares become a way for a limited number of players to be able to stock up a large amount of gold to then be used to gain the upper hand in PvP by securing better artifacts, more imbuing resources and better imbued items for faster replacement ?

Woundn't this then affect PvP balance for allowing a few players to have more means and more resources than other players ?
Uhm.. you do know that it is not the game that pays you 100 mill for these items right? It is other players... so the players buying these items already are godly (using your idea of how pvp works). So all this does is making one person a little less godly and another person a little more godly.

Dont tell me that the best pvpers on each shard rely solely on their wealth... I do think that some skill is involved also :)

Sorry if the above has already been posted.. I havnt read the entire thread :)

S

Scratch

lol, the poverty stricken are always coveting that of the rich....it is only human nature.....i do not have nor do i care to have useless items labled with useless titles....imho, it is only the useless players that covet these items anyway.....although i could say it would be one thing i could waste my hundreds of millions on.....

yes i have hundreds of mils....again.....and have seen billions thru my hands......all without ever having had an event item.....

stop crying and go farm some gold.....

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps, If you want to try to stop players from being able to stockpile millions and millions of gold to have the "upperhand"... you should address the Gold Sales Online from $$$....

I don't understand how and Event that EVERYONE has an equal chance for a drop.... somehow you feel it's a conspriacy that only the "elite Club PVP'ers" get the drops... and if the "Elite Club PVP'ers" do not get 100% of the drops... How are you worried all these Items will end up in thier hands without them spending their 100's of millions to buy them from the "Non-Elite Club Players"... which inturn takes away from their pvp stockpile of gold....

All In All... Stop Crying because you havent got an event item yet! :thumbup1:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if EM Events happened once a month ... maybe.

Em Events happen a few times a year if we're lucky. I got nothing yet still hold this event close to my heart because it was FUN.
the items given away were just gravy that anyone at the event had a chance to get. just because i live in california, doesn't mean I automatically win the lottery... I MUST ATTEND AND PURCHASE A TICKET.

with all due respect to everyone complaining about "nobody told me about the event/s etc" ... the sheer fact people were talking about the devs playing baja should have told somebody something.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont see how someone else becoming rich affects your gameplay in anyway. the only thing that i get out of this thread is that you are angry that you didnt get anything and that you think because of this "your time isnt as valuable as someone elses" since you didnt get rewarded for spending the same amount of time as someone else in an event.

quotes because that seems to be the most popular argument against everything nowadays around here.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps,

I have never received an event item (outside the one cloak they gave to everyone that had, I think, +5 stealth on it), nor do I have 100+ million gold (the most I have ever had at any one time is around 5 mil).

I am also not the best player out there. Aks my guildmates how may times they rez me when we go out and they will validate that claim. And this is PvM, I won;t even bother to grace this board with the death robes I would garner in PvP.

However, I currently have in my house (and my crafters bankbox), a minimum of 50 of each embuing essence (ranges from 50 - 172 depending on which of the 11 essences you are talking about). I also have a lot of the other embuing ingredients (around 20 on the low end and in the thousands of others). And I have around 25K of the red embuing crystals (just gave away around 5K to someone who needed some), around 8K of the green ones, and around 80 relics. By the way, all of these I gained from unraveling items I received in PvM. None from crafting and unraveling items.

Given this, explain to me how, if I wanted to, I could not make a PvP suit on par with what these PvPers you claim have all the advantages because they get event items can have.

Just as I thought, you can't. Just another lame Popps thread........

F

Fink

It hurts PvP to have players having more resources, unlimited resources, to fund their PvP expenses with.
You haven't a hope in Hell of policing how much people acquire or how they choose to spend it.

G

Gowron

Popps, how do you find time to play the game, when it seems that you spend the majority of your time trolling the forums and whining like a little girl with a skinned knee over the most trivial of issues?

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because of complaints like this in the english shard is why asian shards are superior. Things should eb handed out in scarcity. If everyone has it it is worthless in both keeping it or putting it in museum. Rare museum and the rare community used to be the largest of all online games for years in UO. Now they are fading into memory because of people that want everything handed to them and get jeoulous when other people have something they don't want. Once again this is a RPG game and not a first person shooter, There is no communism in this game or any political affiliation. What a waste to once again have a chance to collect treasure items like the ones the counselors used to give, to collect the hardest things to gather, where people still want something from 10 years ago to let it slip by so that we have a mass production of exactly the same thing and cheap value that can be tossed out on the floor and nobody will look twice.

Ok im just now tuning into this rant and i have but one thing to say. Recently i bought a sword from an asian shard that was limited to two made. while i was there geting that sword i wanted a sash from their EM. I had to explain what i was looking for and once they figured it out the y had to find someone that had one before they could see if they would sell it. In the end i paid 1 mil for a sash on that shard. This was the reasoning: The people on the Asian shards do not care about these em items if they dont have mods. when the sashes were handed out most got tossed on the ground. where our events provide 30 of an item theres provide 2 - 5 items because no one is gonna keep it anyway. So to argue your point the reason the asian shards flourish is because they dont care about the little rares that dont affect their gameplay. Rare collecting is almost non existant over there. so if someone wants to pay 100 mil for a purple goblin lantarn i say go for it. because maybe the person that got it and sold it top bank balance never got over a mil now finally has the oppurtunity to buy a crim or whatever they always wished they could have. I say long live the rares for high prices because thats what America is all about and "If you dont like America you can git out"-South Park
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nT0OqHr3wHQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nT0OqHr3wHQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Popps, how do you find time to play the game, when it seems that you spend the majority of your time trolling the forums and whining like a little girl with a skinned knee over the most trivial of issues?
lol agreed

but then agian who cares what Popps thinks

when he is employed by Mythic and has some influence on the game, thats when i take will , maybe take notice

just my 2 cents,
oh what or is it, at least thats how i see it? or whatever you end your quotes with

tell you what quote this "no-one cares about your incresing post count for the sake of it!"

Popps what you gonna think of next
i know, moan about how seeds of renewal only spawn in like 1/100 odd seed harvested
or that it takes a week to bond pets, or that you cant get a horse with 5 legs

oh just STOP THINKING OF CRAP TO MOAN ABOUT

its NONE of your business if someone wants to pay loads for items, ITS NOT REAL!!!!!

bet you wouls sell am EM rare in a heartbeat for 100m if you were lucky enough to get one lol

R

RavenWinterHawk

Argh Popps.

I thought you were about experience and content and not objects?

Anyway, limited is fine. Who cares?

They tried giving things to everyone with halloween. No body wants them cause everyone has them.

The gave everyone xmas gifts and 12 anniversery gifts and valentines gifts. They get tossed on the ground.

GEEZ MAN. Play the game have fun.

I collected 15 pairs of Leaping Boots. Anyone could get them. You walked to a Blarney stone and clicked. How many did you get.

You know what I cant keep them on my vendor at 5 million each. 100's are out there. Go make some gold. Buy what you miss. Life is good in game.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not gonna kill museums. Its justgot make them a little more challenging. ur justgonna have to focs on a theme and collect everything around that theme. whether its holiday rares, armor and weapon rares, or trinket type rares like the books, lantarns, or other types of the such.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to say, as a player, that I wholeheartedly disagree with EM Events where new items are created in a limited quantity and they then become a gold mine thing for those (few) players who get them.

I think Mythic should have a set in stone policy for EM run Events that newly created items should be made available to any and all players participating to the Event without limiting them in their number.

I hear often comments of EM created items then being sold for 100+ millions because of their scarcity and personally, I do not like this at all.

And no, this has nothing to do whether I may or not receive these items, it has to do with the fact that I just do not see it as right that these items can be custom made and fetch such high quantities of gold.

Want to have these items in the game, custom made ? Fine, but then they should be open to all participants to the Event, not only to a few.

That's at least how I see it.

On another note, this is not a rant, by far, this is a legit discussion over game mechanics and game policies since it discusses the issue in general and not a specific Event. Had it been a complaint over a specific Event then it could have been seen as a rant (but not necessarily), but since it wants to attempt a discussion on the overall way that EM Events are run and the general policy governing them, fairly and peacefully, I do not see it as a rant at all.
JUST DEAL WITH IT-BOTTOM LINE!