• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] Christmas Elf? (Monday 20th - Sunday 26th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DATE: Monday 20th to Sunday 26th of December 2010
TIME: 8pm to 9pm UK, 9pm to 10pm CET, 3pm to 4pm EST

Look out for the Christmas Elf this week!

Merry Christmas!

Source: Christmas Elf?

A Snowy Eve...

It was a cold snowy night in... well somewhere near a North Pole.

The leader of the National Elf Service inspected his latest recruits who, with startling regularity, were sllim, short and very elven.

Until he got to the end of the line...

He looked up into the kind, but very unusual, face.

He patted the over-szed elf saying, "Maybe next year son."

The tall elf waddled off and grabbed some bags of presents to prove he could do the job just as well as the other elves...

[Look out for the Christmas Elf this coming week from Monday onwards!]

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, have I really got to spend hours wandering round and finding nothing again?. I swore last time I wouldnt do this again. I never found the chars with the Stuffys? Carrots? cant remember exactly cos I never got any, last 2 or 3 times anyway.

Last time I got anything was from the Easter bunny with eggs saying 'the Easter Bunny was here' whenever that was. Long time ago anyway. Just dont seem to have the luck for this type of event.

Edit. Well only wasted 40 minutes this time and actually saw the Elf twice. Never got anything and had lag too bad to persist. Like I said I dont think these events are lucky for me.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the Elf will be easy to spot then. :D

EDIT: Thanks to whoever suggested Trinsic in chat, Found the Elf and got a pie. :p

U

UoSkaro

Hehe must admitt it was quite funny.

But i don't remember being told i was gonna be in a screenshot would have striked a better pose.

I also think the person playing the Horded Minion (i mean Elf) was quite funny
i am guessing he/she is one hell of a RPer.

Thanks again for my Pie Elf :thumbup:

Penelope's Notebook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in Cove when this huge big red elf came bumbling up to me! Wishing me a Merry Christmas, he presented me with a mince pie! I gave him a tribal berry for his trouble!

Thanks Elf!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THURSDAY 23RD

The Red Elf has said that tomorrow he'll be at the Luna Stables at 8pm and will have enough gifts for everyone. So make sure you tell your friends!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally Elf arrived at auction, gated us to his secret location and after some xmas songs made for us more cookies! :pancakes:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just met him in Trinsic again, He seems to jump locations when his location is rumbled on the event chat. :D

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello ...hey guys/gals i live and breath europa ...whem i can get on!!!.. i really want to get a full set of the xmas elf goodies..alas got my work party/do tomorrow.. gonna miss the elf again....ive already bought days 1 and days 2.. was lucky to find elffy on day 3 [today] ...plz plz someone grab me a day4 elffy gift ..ill make it worth your while.....

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello ...hey guys/gals i live and breath europa ...whem i can get on!!!.. i really want to get a full set of the xmas elf goodies..alas got my work party/do tomorrow.. gonna miss the elf again....ive already bought days 1 and days 2.. was lucky to find elffy on day 3 [today] ...plz plz someone grab me a day4 elffy gift ..ill make it worth your while.....
If I get a second gift tomorrow, It's yours free. :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slightly late and it appears I missed the gate, Sorry THP.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too, I was expecting another hide and seek but apparently they've posted a new entry on the EM website for today (23rd) and stressed not to be late. When there is a date interval for an event, you expect it to be the same each day. I also rely heavily on your posts for event news, so if there is no post, i dont consider it to be a real event. :)

T

Trevelyan

THURSDAY 23RD

The Red Elf has said that tomorrow he'll be at the Luna Stables at 8pm and will have enough gifts for everyone. So make sure you tell your friends!
Guess nobody likes me :'(

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot make the screenshot, when all singing a christmas songs :)

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seems Mapper posted the event too yet I didnt bother reading all the posts on the thread. So now I've officially missed the event.:sad4: On the bright side, just waiting for a gift is not that much of an event to miss. Maybe there will be something more exciting tomorrow.

Thanks for screens SirZ, so that's what we couldnt see in EC?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seems Mapper posted the event too yet I didnt bother reading all the posts on the thread. So now I've officially missed the event.:sad4: On the bright side, just waiting for a gift is not that much of an event to miss. Maybe there will be something more exciting tomorrow.

Thanks for screens SirZ, so that's what we couldnt see in EC?
I'm sorry you missed that post, I tried to make it stand out.

I was only about 5 minutes late, Little disappointed myself.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like i'm paying yet again....

darn....

anyone selling there santas sweetest xmas bread???

Oh and is there event tonight the 24th???

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I'm glad they arranged to give out the gift at the Star Room, the dreaded lag which hits me every day and caused me to give up on the first 3 days was with me again.

At least I was able to be there on time and was able to get through the gate despite the lag which meant I finally got a gift this year even though I crashed when I went through the gate after getting it.

So from me a big thank you to the EMs for arranging at least one day which beat the lag for me.

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be a problem with our website. So I'll be posting here the next couple of days.

Come to the Christmas Tree in Luna at around 8pm tonight. The Elf might be there again ;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coolio im free tonight!!!! ill be there for sure this time...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well tonight I died about 10 times, GD a few.. Killed 4 Snowmen and got nothing. Wish each monster atleast guaranteed an item. :(

Merry Christmas anyway Elf.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought todays, merry christmas light hearted bit of fun was total BULL****. obviously the EM are NOT applying themselves, dropping these snowmen in the Tok spawns is moronic at best, are the sosaria lands not vast enough to choose a "fun" location

sadly no drop,not too bothered, but definately NO fun

Fail

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I thought it was good fun. :) Tokonu was small enough to find the 4 or 5 spawning places, and it was tough enough to kill a few people :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was good fun. :) Tokonu was small enough to find the 4 or 5 spawning places, and it was tough enough to kill a few people :)

And next time, put some clothes on! Yeesh, no wonder the wildlife was unsettled, all that bare flesh runnin about the place :lick:

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw Odin killing a few snowman without much trouble in Isamu, not all snowman were around difficult spawns. I unfortunately crashed a few times and couldnt log for 5 mins after one of the crashes. But managed to help in the killing of four snowman, solo killed another one. I was so sure I'd get a bread from the solo one that I've waited near the corpse for quite some time thinking if I wait enough, the bread will finally be visible.

I think it was a fun event. :)

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Santa's Mutated Elf will be out at around 9pm tonight. Check the website for more info ;) Yes, it's working again!