• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] A Excursion!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A Excursion!

Professor Grimm asked us to meet him at the Counselor’s Hall in Britain.​

A large group of people where waiting for him at the counselor's hall.
When he came inside he seemed a bit confused.
He fist thought he was there to give some teaching to a class.
Its kinda hard to imagine that some of us ,that where armed to the teeth, that we came here for some lessons in magic.
But even a simple In Lor spell would be to much to ask from someone like me.
Maybe some of us hoped for some lessons in biology!
I must admit i can see myself cutting up things....Its one of my most favored things to do!
But eventually the professor found his right notes and saw that he was there to take us on a excursion to research some new creatures.
If my mathematics lessons from years ago still counts then new creatures plus a lot of people equals trouble still count, then we are all for it!​

It was time to leave with the professor.​

When we arrived we appeared near the twisting roads that leads to Dungeon Wind.
I wonder if we going to Wind.
I'm certain only mages can enter the city.
Maybe we went to see the life of the giant black ants that dwell the roads here.
Soon enough we encountered a few aggressive ants.
But that was not our biggest problem.
Out of nowhere some protector of blackrock appeared.​

From Magincia we know that these kinda golems are not the easiest opponents.
But the large group of people took the first one down.
But only a few steps further down the road another one appeared.
And then more Blackrock golems came running to us.
We had to split up in smaller groups.
These monsters are hard to fight for a warrior like me.
My weapons have not much effect on them.
It was madness with all the fighting in this narrow passage.​

Because my lack of effectiveness on the golems with my weapons i decided to move a bit away from the group.
Trying to take care of the wounded.
Then i heard a loud noise coming around the corner.
Most people where still fighting the blackrock golems but a few brave people started to run towards the loud noise.
I'm a CAT so my nature is being curious.
A huge blackrock golems ran to us!
I started to realize this was a bad idea!​

A King of the blackrock golems!
We really needed the entire group to take this one down.
Soon enough more and more people came running to us to help to defeat this beast.
It took a while and it took everything we got to take this King down.
When the King eventually fell, a huge explosion took place.​

When the smoke cleared there was a strange big black hole near where the king died.
The professor told us that this was a limbus.​

Being a warrior and having more muscles then brains i have no idea what a limbus is.
Good thing there some smart people around that explains this is some kinda portal to another place.
But a place that could be either paradise or hell.
Some people volunteers to step in and to go have a look.
Who not want to go to paradise!
But the professor found this all to risky and wanted to close it.
He needed first a few things from home.
He told us to keep a eye out on the limbus while he was gone.​

Only short moments after the professor left a strange fellow appeared.​

Talking strangely he seemed to be happy with the things that happened.
Who was this guy?
He jumped around the mountain like a madman.
But things got clear when he said he was going to be the new ruler of the lands!​

If this guy think that after the death of Queen Dawn that he would just take over the throne then he don't know us people very well.
Even more when he said that his subjects going to show us who has control he made us even more angry.
If he knows us better he should know we rather fight and die for freedom then to life under control of someone.
He can send his minions to us to try to obey but i'm afraid he will see that this is again something we will not yield for.​

Like he appeared he disappeared when the professor returned.
The professor seemed to be disturbed.
When we explained what happened he said he needed more time to find a solution for this problem.
He told us to go home and wait for his calling again to solve this problem with this Limbus and this strange fellow.​

I'm sure this was not the end of this new development!​

New Frarc, Drachenfels News reporter.​

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to apologies for how things ended to EM Borbarad in name of the many good people of Drachenfels.
This is not how a EM Event usually go on our shard.
I'm disgusted by how it was yesterday. In 13 years of UO i never have seen this kinda behavior that went way out of hand on Drachenfels.
Even after repeatedly asking these people to stop there disturbance by the EM himself and several people of Drachenfels things kept going until the EM had to decide to stop this event sooner then planned.

If some individuals or guild think that things be like this without any consequences they better rethink what they are doing.If they think they can disturb many good players with this because they are bored in felucca they better be warned. Maybe they should realize the reason why many people don't go to felucca and there are no events there is because of this childish and immature behavior i saw yesterday. And yes i know that the ones that came to disturb the event are the ones that are mainly in Felucca.

Its too bad that the few bad apples ruin it all for the good players from both Trammel and Felucca.I prefer quality above quantity!

I do warn you . I got logs and plenty of picture to proof what happened yesterday.And if these things happened again on the next EM events i will use them and send them to the people who can take action towards the people and guilds who are responsible for it.I will make it my personal crusade to get you kicked out of the game.

I can take a lot and i'm all for a bit of fun but if things go way to far i will show you why my nickname is the Dark Angel!

I hope this was the first and last time this had happened.Feel free to join the EM events for fun but do not ruin it for others.Stay away if you don't want to do these EM events if you only want to ruin it for other.

Again i apologies to EM Borbarad for what happened and hope he not think it will be always like this. We do need your events to collect more deathrobes. ;)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great event, too bad a small band always tries to ruin things. Mesanna, if you are reading...this group participates across many shards and is known for disrupting events on all shards they go to. If you would, please keep an eye on these players as they have no interest in anyone else but themselves and disrupting events.