• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Death Fests

Nuggzy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You guys need to learn the difference between Stronger and Tougher. If you do a basic scaling up of the boss you increase both it's strength and toughness. The mobs in UO are already strong enough. To make a mass event you only need to increase their toughness, aka hit points. When you increase both it just gets unplayable to anyone that is a casual player. This is one of the biggest reasons for the lack of participation in the events from my guild. We only has 3 people that will regularly attend the events. They have no desire to attend a boring death fest.

My main toon is a vet tamer. The event yesterday was the first event I was able to get anything from, and that was only because I repeatedly sent my dragon to his death while I stayed out of stupid one/two shot AOE crap. I had no chance to heal my pet, before I could complete a bandage I would die. Before the event started I seen one of the serpents at the docks, it damn near killed me with a fireball, that is just stupid. The mobs should have a couple moves that are one hit death or close to it. When you increase the strength every move they have becomes a major hit and it becomes unplayable.

Another major problem is the size of the bosses. When you have a mass event you need to use a model that is the size of the titans or the boss just get's lost in the mass of people around it and makes it really hard to target it.