• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elf vs Human ?

S

Strycher

currently Human Bushido Archer, with Mediation

I am curious whether or not becoming elf would be beneficial to me or not. here is what i know...or think i know.

1. As a human I get the 20 points passive skills. That is actually noticeable for me when I am elf running GM armor and no meditation, I regen almost none at all. However, if I am running with Meditation then I should not notice this penalty at all.

2. I get 20 extra mana as elf, but can carry less. right?

Do the other skills that I lose points in really affect anything important that I might actually miss. I focus mostly on PvP so PvM consequences I do not really care to much about.

Let me know your thoughts about the pros and cons of becoming elf if you wouuld please. thanks!

G

I feel stupid but can i become a elf on a exisiting human character?

G

The human to elf quest is not very difficult. I think it starts somewhere in Moonglow.

G

I would suggest almost nobody become elf except for resource gatherers.

If you are weapon based, human gives you Jack Of All trades which means you get a free -5 (at least) mana cost to your special moves. Remember that if you add up all warrior based skills (mace/swords/arch/fencing/parry/poison/stealth) if the total is 200 or higher, you get -5 to special move mana cost, 300+ -10 to special move mana cost. So you get at least a free 120 points into these skills.

As a mage, you get a free 20 focus for ability to run without stamina drain plus some other benefits I can't think of at the moment....

A

Azural Kane

If you can stand to run elf, yes, as a dexxer, it makes a difference. A lot of people hate to play elf though.

G

But it give a 20 plus to mana no? and beter resist ? (when becoming a elf) Or i have read bad?

G

well 125 int on mage plus the 20 mana give you a [censored] load has a mage no?

I

imported_Soul'Ess

I'll never be a human again.

Seeing in the dark as a character with no nightsight spell, nor pots, best thing ever.

Depends on ur character, big time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'll never be a human again.

Seeing in the dark as a character with no nightsight spell, nor pots, best thing ever.

Depends on ur character, big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh !!!

It also depends what one can tolerate looking at on their own paper dolly.

Bad hair days, elfy........or cool hair days, human.

I mean my male chrs. look like macho stud muffins with their human full long hair &amp; beards, I tried male elfen chrs............they all looked like bad hairday sissys to me, like they should be wearing a ballet tutu skirt, bleh. So then I did some female chrs. aside from the few I deliberately made to look like smurfs, I will take my nice long hair human girlies over me elfy smurfy ones any day. . *purely on looks* more than anything though.

I

imported_Dark Drow

I think i keep my bad hair days. I don't need to look good to hunt humans

G

Heh, my girls are human and will remain so, even though they are resource gatherers and crafters primarily, and could benefit now more than ever for the "rare chance" bonus as elves with the highly annoying random resource change. Sometimes looking good comes at a high price.

-Skylark