• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elf or Human Sampire.

• Thread starter Marcus Blackwell
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Marcus Blackwell

Ive decided after much debate to finally begin to make a Sampire and was wondering which is the perferred race for this templete. Elf or Human?

C

Cazzador

Elf versus Human -
Both have their flaws and their strengths, however in my personal opinion, the elf comes out far weaker to the human in these regards. An elf's advantage is he has inherent night sight as well as additional base mana, however he lack's in strength and the additional mana comes at the cost of the human's inherent mana regneration from his bonus skills.

A human comes with the 20 bonus skills, of course, as well as additional carrying capacity. This ontop of the plethora of night sight items with the right properties you do want makes the slight mana boost of an elf seem paltry, especially given the nature humans have a natural mana regneration thanks to the invisible 20 skill points in focus and meditation. Personall,y I would make a human samurai over an elven one, but personal taste is what it boils down to.

Another drawback to elves is that alot of worn gear, esepcially head gear, kills a look for your elf, especially if you were going for a certain look and appearance, you could end up wearing the unsightly elven helm instead of the samurai one, or a circlet instead of a kasa.

This is from the post about sammys up top.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=44220

S

Sir Kenga

Since sampire always has 300+ fighting skills (weap skill + bushido + parry), counting for special moves mana cost, it will fair be only compare Human's ability to carry more weight (thus more loot and supply) and JOAT meditation VS Elf's 20 more mana. Sampire always has mana leech on weapon, so JOAT doesn't really needed. So most ppl choose elf for larger mana pool.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is actually a bit more bonus to being human.
20 SS make your curse weapon last for 4 or 5 swings.
20 arms lore to look at your swampies armor.
Inherent 20 resist and 20 anatomy when you are running without.
20 magery to cast simple spells from scrolls.
20 spellweaving allows you to cast simple spells.
20 lore to look at your mounts stats.
And the 20 med and focus make a difference when you just got rezzed.
Not sure about the use of bandies with 20 healing,but i use them occasionally.
And you can carry much more pots into combat.

C

Connor_Graham

Elf. No one uses SS unless they have the actual skill points. It's a waste of mana otherwise. Anyone can use 0 arms lore to check swampy armor. Having the extra 20 mana allows you to have a lower Int so you can put more points into Str instead for more HP's. Sampire's don't cast SW spells, they're too mana intensive for a small mana pool. If you can't carry enough pots with 300-350 free carrying weight, then you've got a serious problem with playing the char to begin with.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not about using spirit speak directly,its the bonus you get to the duration of curse weapon.

S

Stupid Miner

... Since i don't like people arguing w/o numbers:

1 second Curse weapon with 0 SS
6 second Curse weapon with 20 SS

and the +resist and anatomy is a good point.
10 DI for the anatomy.

20 hiding has its uses too.

Oh, and elves look ridiculous. :p

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Mine's an elf. Mana is a sampire's friend.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont forget when your in doom you can repaire your armour and wepons aswell as a human, so you never have to leave ;)

J

Jaimes

All of this debate is nice, but semantic. Bottom line: Elves are fugly. 100% of my chars are human. End of story :thumbsup:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Dont forget when your in doom you can repaire your armour and wepons aswell as a human, so you never have to leave ;)
... with 20 skill? really? doesn't that fail a lot?
Seems like you'd have a better chance to repair while holding a +60 hammer, in which case it wouldn't matter if you were elf or human. :)

C

Connor_Graham

Can't repair weapons unless you're next to a forge unless you're using a Bokuto. The only exceptions to this are archery weapons, which can be repaired with equal success chance by elves or humans.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Thanks for the replies.. one more question someone told me one reason there human instead of an elf is due to a stam issuse. I didnt know there was a Stam issuse with elves. Question is is there a stam problem with elves?

S

Stupid Miner

Thanks for the replies.. one more question someone told me one reason there human instead of an elf is due to a stam issuse. I didnt know there was a Stam issuse with elves. Question is is there a stam problem with elves?
Only thing i can think of is the 20 focus

C

Connor_Graham

All of my chars are elves and not one of them has ever had an issue with stamina.

S

Sir Kenga

JOAT focus give human 2 stamina regen, that's 2 stamina every 10 seconds. Not too usefull actually.

N

NickyDishes

I switched to human from elf on my sampire, and back to elf again....take it from a person who has tried both....the str u get from human isnt worth the loss of 20 mana....and those measly numbers u talk about having on a human dont apply to the sampire template...ooo a big 5 seconds on curse weapon? trust me ive tested both and elf is the way to go.....now if were talkin pvp go human.......sampires leech mana and stamina, we dont need to regenerate it. Try goin human with 20 or 40 int and fight dreadhorn....I bet when u go to cast enemy of one after his curse youll change your mind about being human. Listen to Connor

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Nicky about elf.

I use elf because DH is what I solo the most. I'm 10 int with 40 mana. Even when he does the wave of hopelessness I"m stil 40 mana.

If you are human you need to account for this with +mana from items or more base intelligence, otherwise you could be stuck wthout being able to cast EoO.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice discussion here. The longer i think about +20 mana,the more serious it sounds just because the stat points could also be used for something else.
The dreadhorn argument is pointless because eoo lasts long and you could refresh it when there is a good moment to do it.If your life depends on eoo you sure should watch it carefully against something dangerous.
Just wanted to cause some discussion by posting pro human arguments earlier.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the end it really doesn't matter since it's not that hard to do the quest to change from human to elf or the other way around.