• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Elf Dexxer Template and Suit

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Woodland armor:
reforged 15 HCI, 18 Eater
imbued 40 LMC, 40 MI, 40 SI, 2 HPI, 45 resists
enhanced 10 HCI, 30 DI

Artifacts:
Mace & Shield Glasses
Slither
Crimson Cincture
Shroud of the Condemned
Corgul's Sash
Despicable Quiver
Detective Boots

Jewels:
5 SSI, 30 DCI, 80 Skill points

Weapons:
Super Slayer, 50 DI, 100 HLL, 75 HML, 50 HSL/HLA
(IMHO with DF you can do well without SSL but this should be checked vs mobs thats hit heavy)
You will need 6 Bladed Staves for AI and 6 Double Axes for WW & DS.

You also need a 50 EP ring (add 15 DCI and defensive skills to it) and a weapon with Balanced instead of Super Slayer. I suggest it to be a Daisho. When you haven't Slayer for a boss you probably need to drink potions and/or use Feint.
Set up a macro for equip EP ring and Balanced weapon, drink STR and DEX potions, equip the main ring and the last weapon.

Stats (with DF and potions):
75-75-70-70-75 resists (may slightly vary due to random of refinement)
100 DI, 45 HCI, 35 DCI, 20 SSI
150 HP, 190 Stam, 110-115 Mana, 40 LMC, 18 Damage Eater
100 HLL, 75-80 HML, 30 HLD, ~50 HLA/HSL

There are three options for skills.

7 skills (more offencive):
Sword 120
Tactics 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Chivalry 120
Resist 100
Anatomy 100
(You may put some points from Parry into Anatomy and/or Resisting Spells)

8 skills (more defensive):
Sword 120
Tactics 100
Bushido 120
Parry 55 (+5 archery = 300)
Chivalry 120
Resist 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 85

25 less skill points:
Sword 120
Tactics 120
Bushido 120
Parry 55
Chivalry 120
Resist 120
Anatomy 120
(In this case you imbue 50 DI on jewels and can imbue both HLA and HSL on weapons)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
With a human and metal armor I have very close template and suit. Of course I can't get a plate armor with 6 mods. Also I want to test fencing (feint) so I go with 1H weapon.

I imbued 20 less skill points on jewels:
Fencing 120
Tactics 100
Bushido 120
Parry 55 (+5 archery = 300)
Chivalry 120
Resist 80
Anatomy 100
Healing 85

Also I have 15 less dci (but 10 more resists). And as a human I have 20 less mana (really it's 20 less dex - enough cos a leafblade is faster than double axe)

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Do you feel not having DCI maxed out is a hindrance at all? I rarely see "sampire" or equivalent builds running anything but maxed DCI which is why I'm asking.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Do you feel not having DCI maxed out is a hindrance at all? I rarely see "sampire" or equivalent builds running anything but maxed DCI which is why I'm asking.
It's almost maxed since I have 74-74-72-74-74 resists (will be 75-75-73-74-75 after I refine the last armor piece). My DCI is 20 and cap is 27 (will be 22 or 23).
I haven't noticed a lack of DCI.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What are you using this character for?

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's almost maxed since I have 74-74-72-74-74 resists (will be 75-75-73-74-75 after I refine the last armor piece). My DCI is 20 and cap is 27 (will be 22 or 23).
I haven't noticed a lack of DCI.
I'm sorry, I must be confused.
I thought the cap to Defense Chance Increase is 45?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
In terms of average damage taken per time there is no difference between 70 all + 45 dci, 71 all + 40 dci, 72 all + 35 dci, etc. So we could imbue 15 resists on armor and free up 15 dci on jewels. Usually it's a good trade especially if it's allow you to reforge on armor 15 HCI instead of 15 DCI (20 more intensity on jewels) - in case you use DF and need 55 DCI.
Also it's obvious that resists are more useful then dci vs magical attacks.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In terms of average damage taken per time there is no difference between 70 all + 45 dci, 71 all + 40 dci, 72 all + 35 dci, etc. So we could imbue 15 resists on armor and free up 15 dci on jewels. Usually it's a good trade especially if it's allow you to reforge on armor 15 HCI instead of 15 DCI (20 more intensity on jewels) - in case you use DF and need 55 DCI.
Also it's obvious that resists are more useful then dci vs magical attacks.
I have never heard anything about higher resists making up for not having the cap of 45 DCI. Do you know where to find additional information on this so I can read more into it?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really. I havent calculated the benefits so far but i think corwin has.

Ill try that now too:
Assuming Enemy weaponskill 120, own 120 dci 45 = 34% chance to hit
The same with 20 dci: 41% chance to hit

Dmg 100 each hit, 100 hits.

With 70 resist every hit does 30 dmg: so in 100 hits, and 45 dci you take 34*30 dmg = 1020 dmg
With 75 resist every hit does 25 dmg: so in 100 hits, and 20 dci you take 41*25 dmg = 1025 dmg

So you can say is the same on the long run

Advantage against spell casting mobs
Disadvantage regarding rng... You cant trust uo rng ;-) you can be hit harder in a row of hits. This can become uncomfortable against hard hitting mobs

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
IMHO there is an advantage vs hard hitting mobs - instead of 40 damage per hit you take only 33 damage per hit - have more chances to leach damage back.
IMHO the only disadvantage is vs mods that apply some bad effects with successful hits.

And you get even more advantage if your resist before refinement is over 70. With 70 resists +5 res means 17% less damage (5/30) but with 75 resists +5 res means 20% less damage (5/25). So if you use a stone form you get less damage over time after refinement (reinforcing).
From the other hand if a mod use a corpse skin and has 100% fire damage +5 res means just 11% (5/45).

I think the most of mobs do 50% or more physical damage. So it's profitable to increase just physical res.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm i really think about crafting a new suit of platemail here with these refinemens. Guess i have to do some treasure hunts.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm i cant get more than 74 cuz i only use 4 crafted armor parts. M&s glasses plus tinkerlegs are mandatory