• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elemental weapon enchanting

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos,

I got elemental weapon 70% cold and 30% phys.

I want it 100% cold.. Is it even possible? What happend if I enchance it with agapite for example?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Agapite will do the job.

for 70% / 30% elemental weapons made of iron (smith or tinker),

Bronze will make 70% Fire weapons 100% (bronze applies 40% fire)
Agapite will make 70% Cold weapons 100% (Agapite applies 30% cold, followed by 20% Energy if there's still physical left over)

There's no materials that currently give more than 20% Energy (Copper, which is 20% energy, 10% poison, IIRC, and Verite which is 20% Energy, 40% poison)
There's no materials that apply poison damage first.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So lets say you ended up with a weapon that was 70% poison and 30% phy. If you enhance with Verite, do you get 20 energy and 80% poison?

Then again, maybe that doesn't do you any good, since that will still reduce energy if you use onslaught. I think anyway, if I recall onslaught goes with whichever is 'last' when you look at the character sheet when dealing with weapons multiple damage types

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure how onslaught works (other than my level 2 swordsmanship mastery appears to be a waste of mana for either choice), but yes the 70% poison weapon becomes 20% energy/80% poison if enhanced with Verite.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not sure how onslaught works (other than my level 2 swordsmanship mastery appears to be a waste of mana for either choice), but yes the 70% poison weapon becomes 20% energy/80% poison if enhanced with Verite.
Do you have an idea on what the approximate success rate is to enhance from 70% to 100% for fire/cold/poison? I can never seem to get it to work.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No info, other than it's one of the few factors that effects weapon enhancing. They gave us the formulas for the things that change the enhancement chance for armor, but the only one of those really applicable to weapons is the formula for adding Luck.

However, I personally succeed more than fail, when enhancing for elemental damage, compared to luck.