• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Election Time, Know the Candidates

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is that time again. The new election season is about to start and with it the excitement and fun of running for office, or helping your friends who seek a seat at the Kings Council table. If you will, please post your name and the city you are running for here. Also a brief message to potential voters letting them know what your plans are for their Cities.

Best of luck to all who plan to run this time around, and remember to have fun.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My name is Aedon, and i am running for the office of Governor in the city of Yew. I am a long time resident of the area and the current Keeper of the Village of Aegis. Aegis was a village founded by the Knights of Yew within the old lands. On the first day of the discovery of Trammel, the Knights moved their operations to the same spot in Trammel. For years the Knights held Aegis and Yew, and fought to protect the people and lands from all who might do her harm. As a member of the Knights of Yew, I was part of the Rangers Flight, and served my time under Mika'el Helms and Lady Katya DeCourtney. During the orc wars at the Court of Truth I was decorated for valor shown in the face of the enemy. When the Knights departed Yew, care of the Glade was entrusted to me by Brother Kyriel, spiritual leader of KoY.

Over the years many things have changed within Yew. But my steadfast devotion to Yew and her people still stands strong. I have served as Governor two times before, petitioning for and attaining the docks we now enjoy. My future plans for the area include more events both locally planned and in concert with the Governors of other towns. I did much work in building up the City's coffers which allows us to maintain a City buff with ease. This buff is decided by the citizens requesting a certain one.

I will not tell you that I am a saintly man that gets along well with others, because in all truth, I can be a total ass. But my commitment to the City of Yew and all the Great Northern Forests cannot be denied.

James Bunny-Man

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am running for the position of High King of the city of Cove! The people of the city have made sacrificial offerings in my name, and have summoned me forth to run for office! The other cities have long sense stood in our way, and even now they will claim things about me to try and persuade others not to vote, they'll say I accepted bribes in the past, had back room deals, smuggled. They'll talk of corruption for no reason other than corruption's sake, of arson and thievery, and that I'm not even really a citizen of Sosaria. While all these are true, I still say I'll be the greatest High King that Cove has ever had! A vote for James is a vote for other cities than Cove being on fire instead!

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am running for the position of High King of the city of Cove! The people of the city have made sacrificial offerings in my name, and have summoned me forth to run for office! The other cities have long sense stood in our way, and even now they will claim things about me to try and persuade others not to vote, they'll say I accepted bribes in the past, had back room deals, smuggled. They'll talk of corruption for no reason other than corruption's sake, of arson and thievery, and that I'm not even really a citizen of Sosaria. While all these are true, I still say I'll be the greatest High King that Cove has ever had! A vote for James is a vote for other cities than Cove being on fire instead!
I will totally support you being Governor of Cove, the home that I actually live in is very very near Cove and truly love the little city, glad you love it also, recently had a New Haven Dinner in Cove and its so very Charming. I have written and asked what can be done for me to be an Ambassador or an official/unofficial of Zento so any support I could get for this would sooo be appreciated. I own a Tavern/Tattoo shop outside the city and maybe I need to request a tavern night

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My name is Aedon, and i am running for the office of Governor in the city of Yew. I am a long time resident of the area and the current Keeper of the Village of Aegis. Aegis was a village founded by the Knights of Yew within the old lands. On the first day of the discovery of Trammel, the Knights moved their operations to the same spot in Trammel. For years the Knights held Aegis and Yew, and fought to protect the people and lands from all who might do her harm. As a member of the Knights of Yew, I was part of the Rangers Flight, and served my time under Mika'el Helms and Lady Katya DeCourtney. During the orc wars at the Court of Truth I was decorated for valor shown in the face of the enemy. When the Knights departed Yew, care of the Glade was entrusted to me by Brother Kyriel, spiritual leader of KoY.

Over the years many things have changed within Yew. But my steadfast devotion to Yew and her people still stands strong. I have served as Governor two times before, petitioning for and attaining the docks we now enjoy. My future plans for the area include more events both locally planned and in concert with the Governors of other towns. I did much work in building up the City's coffers which allows us to maintain a City buff with ease. This buff is decided by the citizens requesting a certain one.

I will not tell you that I am a saintly man that gets along well with others, because in all truth, I can be a total ass. But my commitment to the City of Yew and all the Great Northern Forests cannot be denied.
You're alive?!

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
(This is the out-of-character player version)

Hey Folks! I'm running my character "Alira Drakrul" for Governor of Moonglow.

I've been playing UO for over 19 years. I've played on Catskills, Atlantic and Pacific mainly. My primary interests are role-playing and merchant-related content. Alira was created back near 2001 and is my main character on Catskills. She's an absolutely selfish evil vampire pancake underneath that smiling exterior and a challenge to play at times. I enjoy role-playing challenging characters and have a tendency to do a lot of research as well as detail work into most of them. As an example... I have an on-going file of dresses for Alira that correspond with some of hers in-game. Yes, I'm that detailed oriented... meticulous... hell, admittedly absolutely neurotic at times. I'm a Virgo... some say its what we "do". Heh.

Beyond Catskills... I'm known better as Assia Penryn. I have been a reporter, moderator, news manager, admin for Stratics over the years as well as volunteering for Tradespot/RPGTradespot (under Centurio) as a moderator and eventually a broker. I've also volunteered for other forums and projects over the years. I currently manage the catskillsrp.com forum

Not sure what else would be relevant. Let's see... I'm happily married to an amazing man who I met through UO a very long time ago. We've been together twelve years. I'm the mom of three children with the "baby" being fifteen years and an oldest son on his way into the Air Force. If you know me, you also know I have a pug named Zuul. You've probably been swarmed with photos. I have to direct that mommy drive somewhere with the kids getting older.

I think that's about it! Oh!! I will also be keeping our current trade deal/buff if elected: Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting

~ Player of Alira
ICQ 465-972-004

(Below is my in-character RP version: )
(This is an actual released public statement. You can treat it 100% as IC knowledge)

The beloved people of Moonglow have been neglected at the hands of past Governors. Governors who have not only defied the King, but have defied the needs and desires of the hard-working people of this city.

I am here to change that.

To the men and women of the beloved City of Moonglow, I came to Moonglow in political service to your last Governor, Merek Penrose. Since that day, I have initiated and completed the construction of the Moonglow Community Center. A place where all people in Moonglow can come and relax, learn about local job opportunities and explore the world around outside our isle via our runebooks. Along with other esteemed local individuals, we've held a two day festival and are on the cusp of the opening of our new local library and cultural center.

So many past Governors focus on promises of big projects and ostentatious constructions as false idols to their inflated egos. I say, big changes do nothing if the people are deprived of the basic necessities of life. All of Verity Isle deserves access to fresh and nutritious food, clean drinking water and exceptional healthcare. You all deserve an opportunity at an education and better paying jobs so that you can provide for your growing families. You all deserve a safe and stable environment where you can raise your children and enjoy your golden years without fear. Being Governor shouldn't be just about having ideas, it is also about making them happen.

For years, Moonglow has been led astray from the foundation on which it was built. It needs to once again become the epicenter of not only education and the arcane arts, but of innovation and advancement to better improve not only the lives of its citizens, but of our world. We will work together on revitalizing the Lycaeum and attracting teachers and speakers from over our world to share their knowledge and expertise.

As we strengthen ourselves at home, so must we reach out and rebuild our relationships with the rest of our world. The bonds of trust and commerce have been devastated by war and deceit. We must reforge this trust not only with the other Governors, but with people who once feared those that bore our city's colors. We need to open our hearts and our minds and lead the world by example with our diversity and our tolerance, not with hate and ignorance.

I ask that the people of Moonglow stand behind me, Alira Drakrul, so that our people can reunite and heal from the horrors afflicted upon our island. I can't promise that the people of Moonglow won't be challenged again. I can't promise that there won't be struggles to overcome. However, I can promise when there are... that I'll be there. I won't run.

Long live Moonglow! Long live the King!

*signed in flourish script below*

Lady Alira Drakrul