• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Election '08: Surprise Ending?

Did you expect Obama to win?

• Yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I wasn't sure

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, I'm not asking who voted for whom, but your choice aside, were you surprised by the results of the election?

I wasn't, I thougth it was going to be a closer race than it was, but I wasn't surprised to see Obama come out on top. I think John McCain's biggest challenge to overcome was the bad taste left in the mouths of Americans left by George Bush, and the fact that they are both members of the Republican party. That combined with, what appeared to me to be, a rather small TV ad campaign, I think, gave Obama the edge. It seems like several times a night across various channels I would see Pro-Obama ads. I think during the entire campaign, I only saw a handful of McCain ads.

No matter who you voted for, did you expect Obama to win?

S

solina2

Now, I'm not asking who voted for whom, but your choice aside, were you surprised by the results of the election?

I wasn't, I thougth it was going to be a closer race than it was, but I wasn't surprised to see Obama come out on top. I think John McCain's biggest challenge to overcome was the bad taste left in the mouths of Americans left by George Bush, and the fact that they are both members of the Republican party. That combined with, what appeared to me to be, a rather small TV ad campaign, I think, gave Obama the edge. It seems like several times a night across various channels I would see Pro-Obama ads. I think during the entire campaign, I only saw a handful of McCain ads.

No matter who you voted for, did you expect Obama to win?
I also thought it was going to be a closer race. I did see many McCain tv ads, but in the last day or two of the race Obama had longer running tv ads.

This is a historic moment in the US History no doubt about it.

T

Tycolby

I held out hope but I know now its too late to save America. We will be absorbed into the world nation, A Brave New World(1984). This is where it begins.

H

Hanna

I held out hope but I know now its too late to save America. We will be absorbed into the world nation, A Brave New World(1984). This is where it begins.
Oh, your not supposed to say that outload, they might be listening :sad3:

:mf_prop:

A

Atlantian

The United States of America is intact and doing great. Just because it doesn't fit the fascist ways that you embrace doesn't mean it's falling apart. I pay taxes and a lot of them. I own my own business and I think we should do more but it is obvious that a load of you republicians would much rather have the country fall apart than do something to make a difference. I'll pay the higher taxes if it means that our country will get our boys home and take care of the people that need it. This country made the right decision by chosing Obama.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CHANGE!CHANGE! HURR!

Any specific things you think will be fixed, or is "change" all you've got?

A

Atlantian

CHANGE!CHANGE! HURR!

A typical republican response. Bible thumping nazis. Thats all most of you are and 90% don't even go to church. I'll bet most of you haven't seen the inside of a church since momma made you go when you were a child. But you think you can judge people based on your trivial beliefs. Change is much more than you have which is nothing. Hillbilly america is no more.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CHANGE!CHANGE! HURR!

A typical republican response. Bible thumping nazis. Thats all most of you are and 90% don't even go to church. I'll bet most of you haven't seen the inside of a church since momma made you go when you were a child. But you think you can judge people based on your trivial beliefs. Change is much more than you have which is nothing. Hillbilly america is no more.
Answer my question or admit you've got nothing.

Edit: Also, tone down the personal attacks a hair, eh?

A

Atlantian

Answer my question or admit you've got nothing.

Edit: Also, tone down the personal attacks a hair, eh?
Where do you get "personal attacks" from? Are you sure you spelt your name right? Did you leave a y out of it? It's like I said, you and yours lost because no one believes the hillbilly beliefs of the republican party. Your party doesn't want to fix anything. All they want to do is blame the people who pay THEIR wages.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again, what does your Obamination plan on doing?

Saying "Change" is one thing, but what change is it?

And this

All they want to do is blame the people who pay THEIR wages.
Sounds an awful lot like the Democrats and their unions. "Wahh, my employer doesn't pay me enough, let's get together and blackmail him into paying us more instead of getting a different job!"

A

Atlantian

The change is that people that were running this country sucked at managing the country and are no longer in control because they sucked and now a new management has taken over. And it is so obvious to 60% of this country that the old management sucked at their job that new bosses were needed to be hired. Don't like it? Go somewhere else! This is the USA and I have fought for this country and I didn't like the old management but I still fought for them! Now It's under new management and I will be there for them! Get out if you don't like it!

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason he got elected was because probably almost every black and hispanic voted for him simply because he is black. I bet most don't even know what his plans are. Not to mention the very poor taste negative tv ads about Mccain that he was putting out there. Sadly most people fell for those crap ads. Lets see here......Obama is friends with a known terrorist supporter, He refuses to reveal alot about his past, He is muslem(sp?), He has a fake arse smile, and the topper...He wasn't even born in America. Poor choice voters.

A

Atlantian

The only reason he got elected was because probably almost every black and hispanic voted for him simply because he is black. I bet most don't even know what his plans are. Not to mention the very poor taste negative tv ads about Mccain that he was putting out there. Sadly most people fell for those crap ads. Lets see here......Obama is friends with a known terrorist supporter, He refuses to reveal alot about his past, He is muslem(sp?), He has a fake arse smile, and the topper...He wasn't even born in America. Poor choice voters.
Do you know for a fact he is friends with the terrorist? And he was born in America! Unless you think Hawaii isn't part of this country. He is not a follower of islam. He is a christian. Do you have a problem with blacks and hispanics? I really thought this country was over racism. But people like you keep showing up.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The change is that people that were running this country sucked at managing the country and are no longer in control because they sucked and now a new management has taken over. And it is so obvious to 60% of this country that the old management sucked at their job that new bosses were needed to be hired. Don't like it? Go somewhere else! This is the USA and I have fought for this country and I didn't like the old management but I still fought for them! Now It's under new management and I will be there for them! Get out if you don't like it!
But WHAT IS HE GOING TO CHANGE?

You still haven't answered that.

A

Atlantian

But WHAT IS HE GOING TO CHANGE?

You still haven't answered that.
Dealing with people like you is useless. So do the letters F and O mean anything to you? D A's like you have a one track mind. "If it aint white it aint right" I am so glad I'm not part of your "people"

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I was pretty sure of it before, but now I'm definitely sure of it.

Stop trolling.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you know for a fact he is friends with the terrorist? And he was born in America! Unless you think Hawaii isn't part of this country. He is not a follower of islam. He is a christian. Do you have a problem with blacks and hispanics? I really thought this country was over racism. But people like you keep showing up.
He isn't friends with a terrorist. But with a terrorist supporter. He is a muslim and only changed his religion for the campaign. No Im not racist. I'm simply stating a fact that blacks voted for him simply because he is black. Hispanics voted for him because he wants to give drivers licenses to illegal immigrants.

A

Atlantian

The qualifications to be President of the USA
1) Be 35 years of age
2) Be a natural citizen (born here)
3) Live in one of the 50 states for at least 14 years
4) Win the election

Seems to me that he was born here and does qualify and if he changed his religion to christian so he could run for office then he's been running for office 46 years. And just because he visited his extended family doesn't make him Muslim.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The qualifications to be President of the USA
1) Be 35 years of age
2) Be a natural citizen (born here)
3) Live in one of the 50 states for at least 14 years
4) Win the election

Seems to me that he was born here and does qualify and if he changed his religion to christian so he could run for office then he's been running for office 46 years. And just because he visited his extended family doesn't make him Muslim.
Why list the qualifications to be president? I didn't ask for them. I never said he couldn't change his religion. He changed from Muslim to whatever he is now specifically for the president race. He hasnt been running for president for 46 years either. This is the first time he has been on the ballot. Fact known he was muslim until very recently because he knew he knew a muslim wouldn't win the presidency. He is a lieing pos. Obviously you haven't seen his lieing propaganda commercials on tv.

P

Parson

What difference does it make now? He won. I don't see it as a surprise at all.

H

hydro

What difference does it make now? He won. I don't see it as a surprise at all.

dont worry you will get a big surpise when you are not free to speak, bear arms, and the borders are wide open to anyone and everyone....

H

hydro

seems you dont know too much about our government structure, if you wanted a real change we would all need to get ric of everyone in congress and senate. bascily now that osama is democrat too it means he will be forced to sign anything congress puts in front of him,which is bad...

P

Parson

dont worry you will get a big surpise when you are not free to speak, bear arms, and the borders are wide open to anyone and everyone....
So you are saying not much of a change from now? You are only free to speak if you buy a permit and the borders are already open to anyone that has enough money and it seems that the only ones that have guns are cops and drug dealers.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really aren't that familiar with gun ownership in the US, are you? Roughly 39% of the country legally owns firearms.

H

Hanna

You really aren't that familiar with gun ownership in the US, are you? Roughly 39% of the country legally owns firearms.
Well I doubt any statistic on the percentage of gun ownership would be acurate. As, before the Brady law gun registration on purchase wasn't really required, and stil really isnt if bought from a private party. In any poll, anyone who has any interest in protecting their constitutional rights would never bother admiting they owned guns if all they had were guns that weren't required to be registered. Now if they had gun that had been registered after the Brady law then they might.

A

Az of DSR

He forgot to add crazy people and hunters to the list with cops and drug dealers. ( =

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hanna, I did say roughly. And it's a very low estimate, I would imagine.

Az, you must be a gun owner, if your theory on who owns guns is true.

P

Parson

What makes you think you can presume what I know? You have no idea who owns a gun and who doesn't. I was just kidding when I made my statement earlier. But don't you think you know anything about me and what I know and don't know.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can assume anything I want.

Now go back to painting your fingernails and get ready for the drag ball.

P

Parson

See you there. I'm guessing you'll be the one in the FM pumps? Damn troll.