• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EJ Account Question

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1704771509371.png

This account was unbanned August 18. It has been enough time to turn it into an EJ account again.

How do I do it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Says this when I do:

1704777814229.png

It is linked to an active account. Seems to still think it is banned.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
What flags does it have under the features tab? Might need to pay a month to reset the EJ timer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What flags does it have under the features tab? Might need to pay a month to reset the EJ timer.
If I payed it would then take 4 months of no use to turn EJ?

Features say the normal stuff:
1704782731422.png

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When did EJ start?

I had a trial account just before EJ started and I've tried to use it as an EJ account but I get the same message when trying to login.

The only accounts I have been able to use on EJ are one's I paid for before it started and one's I've created since.

Yes, you would need the game time to run out then wait 4 months.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It may just need to wait 3 months since it was just removed from the banned account list. The only way to find out for sure is to contact Broadsword.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would email to EA, as they're the ones that unbanned it, ask them to confirm the unbanned status and that the account can now be used for Endless Journey. (include the email that you got in august)

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
When did EJ start?

I had a trial account just before EJ started and I've tried to use it as an EJ account but I get the same message when trying to login.

The only accounts I have been able to use on EJ are one's I paid for before it started and one's I've created since.

Yes, you would need the game time to run out then wait 4 months.
3 or 4 years ago? I also had old trial accounts. Under the Features tab, they were flagged "Trial Account". Only "Retail Accounts" convert to EJ. Have been occasionally paying them for a month to get them to convert. The upside is you can create full roster of characters to have available once it goes EJ.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

Features say the normal stuff:
View attachment 150925
Correct. The alternative is to contact support as Petra suggested and hope they can fix it.

Those are the only flags it has? If it's not flagged "Retail Account", that's probably why it hasn't gone EJ.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Correct. The alternative is to contact support as Petra suggested and hope they can fix it.

Those are the only flags it has? If it's not flagged "Retail Account", that's probably why it hasn't gone EJ.
Yes. I looked into that flag on other accounts. All the others have a Flag: "account type"

I emailed support first and showed the email where it was un banned. I got a auto reply today, so Ill try email again in 72 hours like they said.

I thought there might be a procedure.

I decided to look at other accounts.

I noticed an account I made to hold a house as needed, went to EJ account. So, the account is supposed to do it automatically, there is no procedure.

I also had an old return to Brittania account that says closed but it says Trial account.
1704826135739.png

Thanks for all the input!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anyone happen to have an account that was closed recently but not long enough to go to EJ?

If so, what Flag "account type" does it have if any?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1704828247545.png

This one was paid for until the 4th of this month, was just a temp house holder so didn't need it. It's not yet EJ but because it was paid for at one point, it's flagged as retail.
1704828318094.png

1704828389429.png
This one also was paid for at one point so flagged as retail

1704828425761.png

This one was opened somehow, never paid for I am assuming as it has no features at all and not gone EJ ever

1704828491876.png 1704828512531.png

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does anyone happen to have an account that was closed recently but not long enough to go to EJ?

If so, what Flag "account type" does it have if any?
All of my old trial accounts now say: "Flag: Retail This is a retail account".

In the "General" tab, the recently closed ones say "Status: Closed" and otherwise blank. While the ones that have gone EJ say "Status: Active" with "Endless Journey" as the subscription Description, and the date it went EJ.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless your account is using the European date format (unlike mine), that looks like it was created on December 5 2018.
Yes it is an old account that was a paid account until the owner quit playing. They gave me the master account which has a paid account and this account they were using as EJ until banned. It was unbanned on Aug 18th 2023.

Thanks both of you. @Larisa

The account is missing the Flag: Retail account so the system is confused about it I guess.

Ill wait 72 hours and email UO again.

Since I have never used an EJ account, I have learned a lot of new things from this thread. Thanks

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if the account was on EJ when it caught a ban it will be gone forever.
i had that happen to me.
only paid accounts get reversible ban's, EJ accounts that catch a ban get perma-ban.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I bet you could look at what was going on in-game at that time and figure out why you would have opened it and maybe even jog your memory about it! February 4 - made for Valentine's Day?
I actually think it was one of those return to brit promotions.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes it is an old account that was a paid account until the owner quit playing. They gave me the master account which has a paid account and this account they were using as EJ until banned. It was unbanned on Aug 18th 2023.

Thanks both of you. @Larisa

The account is missing the Flag: Retail account so the system is confused about it I guess.

Ill wait 72 hours and email UO again.

Since I have never used an EJ account, I have learned a lot of new things from this thread. Thanks
I might've had a little too much Mt Dew this morning - I swore you were trying to say the account was unbanned in August of the same year it was created in December! :p

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Didn't they change the EJ accounts so that you can only have one, and if you already have an EJ account then that would block blocks you from having another.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't they change the EJ accounts so that you can only have one, and if you already have an EJ account then that would block blocks you from having another.
Not quite, you can only log in one EJ at a time to a particular shard. You can log in more, if they're on different shards.
here's a link to the newsletter with the full details: UO Newsletter #17

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not quite, you can only log in one EJ at a time to a particular shard. You can log in more, if they're on different shards.
here's a link to the newsletter with the full details: UO Newsletter #17
Curious I had started up my account to do event (which was extremely disappointing), but figured I would switch it to EJ since time ran out and didn't wish to renew. However it will not allow me to do so. Is there a time limit, like it has to be a closed for so long before being able to go to EJ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Curious I had started up my account to do event (which was extremely disappointing), but figured I would switch it to EJ since time ran out and didn't wish to renew. However it will not allow me to do so. Is there a time limit, like it has to be a closed for so long before being able to go to EJ?
Have to wait 4 months after last paid day.

It will then go auto EJ.

Can't just turn a paid account into EJ.

Even tho my account in question was EJ. The un ban Email mentioned it had to stay idle before it would turn into EJ.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have to wait 4 months after last paid day.

It will then go auto EJ.

Can't just turn a paid account into EJ.

Even tho my account in question was EJ. The un ban Email mentioned it had to stay idle before it would turn into EJ.
It's 4 months to make sure no free house, right?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's 4 months to make sure no free house, right?
Maybe why they made it 4 months? Seems like its a long time to me. Or if you were one of those who cancel and re pay to hold a house, if it were 2 months would your house go poof when you turned EJ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@AntyvasII @Larisa

It was changed. The email worked I suppose!

Thanks for all the EJ Knowledge provided here.

1705013941236.png

Under Features it does not have a Flag: Anything. Weird...

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if the account was on EJ when it caught a ban it will be gone forever.
i had that happen to me.
only paid accounts get reversible ban's, EJ accounts that catch a ban get perma-ban.
After one year you should be able to get it reinstated. That's what I did with this one. But depends on what you did also.
It said Banned until it changed to closed after I Emailed them and apologized for the player dropping Hay bails on recall spots of "Bots".

They should refrain from that now that the account is back!!!!! :twak:

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 151000

Under Features it does not have a Flag: Anything. Weird...
Probably because it actually started as an EJ account, so no need to convert. I've only had 1 account that I started as EJ, and that was before I grew curious about what all the things in the Features tab mean, so don't remember what it may or may not have had.