• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eighth Trade Caravan on Thursday 24

P

Paidric

Hello fellow Britannians,

Here comes the time again of the Trade Caravan. In the last caravan we had some nice fun thanks to Embryo on our way to Skara Brae, this time we will be on the road to Britain from Trinsic.

I hope to see you there!

Here is the planned route :

Everyone is welcome to join us and help us defend our prized possessions in the dangerous trip.
The caravan will depart the coming Thursday, enlist yourself!

We count on you!

Paidric of New Haven.

--------------------------------

This event is intended for all players who want to experience some PvP in a fun and different way. We encourage every player to join us.
Bring your blessed armor and weapons if you fear the insurance cost! Or just buy some GM made armor/weapons.

You can find all details about the concept of the event here :
Trade Caravan Concept Page

Schedule and organisation
  • The Caravan will depart on Thursday 24th of July at 7:40PM UK Time (20:40PM CET - 2:40PM EST).
  • The meeting point is the Trinsic West gate (inside town).
  • Gates will be provided from Luna Hall from 7:20PM until 7:50PM (the caravan will be on the road already).
  • Eight people will be carrying items for the Caravan, those will be engraved gold Long Swords carried inside the main backpack of the caravanees.
  • The goal of the guards is to reach our destination with as much of those items as possible.
  • The Caravan will be led by N'athuk of [HLP] (though we expect him to die quite a few times being in front). There will be other caravan leaders to help keep some structure.

Remarks
  • Please try to follow the leaders instructions as to when to advance/stop so we can keep some structure.
  • Please stay grouped and follow your closest leader (we are in bright orange)
  • We encourage everyone to show some fairplay and avoid ress-killing, looting, griefing, etc. The goal of this event is to bring more people to friendly PvP. If you like action, promote the event rather than ruin it!

And remember, we need to show the reds we don't fear them! :gee:

We hope to see many of you.

Paidric

---------------------------------------

The event report link will come here when it ends.
It is also posted on the Haven Helpers website.

B

Birdseye

I'm so excited.
And i just can't hide it.
I'm about about to lose my mind.
And i think i like it!
:danceb:
Oh yes baby, i'm on holiday from Wednesday this week.:thumbsup:

Expect a call from the recently re-incarnated DI3.:bowdown:

Come on Draco, get the troops ready for a spot of bother at the bridge.:stretcher:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so excited.
And i just can't hide it.
I'm about about to lose my mind.
And i think i like it!
:danceb:
Oh yes baby, i'm on holiday from Wednesday this week.:thumbsup:

Expect a call from the recently re-incarnated DI3.:bowdown:

Come on Draco, get the troops ready for a spot of bother at the bridge.:stretcher:
Yeah ok i will see what i can do. Expect to see some Di3 there

P

Paidric

I hope to see some blue PvPers too :bowdown:

Catch you all tonight!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well IMHO AK guild totaly spoiled this event. Before the event started they were killing (ganking coz they cant 1v1) all the reds and lootting them dry then res killing them once they got resed up. I got res killed around 10 times and then just gave up. Thats not the type of event i came out to play.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately, I missed it this time cuz I was out eating and drinking with work...

P

Paidric

Hello Winker,

Sorry to hear that, I had hoped more unity among the reds for sure.
Considering it's the vacations, I think I'll suspend the Caravan until september, so we will have more people being able to come (on both sides). Until then I'll try to get in contact with more people in the red community.

The problem with public events is that anybody can join, for the good or the bad. But that's the same with everything in UO. We just need to get around that and keep up the good spirit!

The report will probably need to wait till tomorrow as I am a bit overworked at the moment and I'm late in several projects. I'll update the thread as soon as it's posted.

See you all in Britannia!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Winker,

Sorry to hear that, I had hoped more unity among the reds for sure.
Considering it's the vacations, I think I'll suspend the Caravan until september, so we will have more people being able to come (on both sides). Until then I'll try to get in contact with more people in the red community.

The problem with public events is that anybody can join, for the good or the bad. But that's the same with everything in UO. We just need to get around that and keep up the good spirit!

The report will probably need to wait till tomorrow as I am a bit overworked at the moment and I'm late in several projects. I'll update the thread as soon as it's posted.

See you all in Britannia!
Its just sad that small minded people come out just to spoil others peoples fun. But yeah a suspension untill september might be a good idea. It has been great fun most weeks so i look forward to it starting in setember..with out the children who want to spoil it for others i hope

S

SilentFoxXy

Its a great shame that we have to suspend this fun event, its one of the only things that I have to look forward to these days , with no guild life to enjoy etc....

Such a shame one set of irks can spoil what has been real great fun for the other 16 weeks of the event.

cant we just 'Gank' these DHeads before we start....then go have fun....;)

Guess not,

Shame KIDS dont understand ENGLISH, and WHY this event was started...to give us TRAMMIES an insight into PvP. After last night I expect several will never try PvP again, just cos of 3 KIDS....

Go spank em, send em to their bedrooms with no supper and take PC off them at 8pm every other Thursday

BTW, another great event, and thx to the few reds who did show and made it fun, gotta love that Disarm, Dismount, chase things that you kept hitting me with.....but, ya still couldn't skin the CatT could ya...;)

Thx HLP and Paidirc....I enjoyed it even if the Reds who play good didnt, shame on you other Bleep Bleepers

P

Paidric

Well, I already planned to stop the event a few weeks, mostly because I have a HUGE load of work coming my way and I won't be able to organise the caravan.
I hardly play at the moment due to real life constraints (here we say that "a problem never comes alone").

I don't really mind the event disturbers, mostly because I like to show them I don't care about what they do :)
Though, I think as Silber said, there just need to be more of the good minded ones ;-) And let's give a common kick to the others (no matter the side btw).

Though, once again, it's vacations, many people enjoy the sun (wherever it may hide in my country!!) or left for faraway locations.

So considering it all together, might be better and easier for me to suspend the caravan for a moment. Wait for early/mid september.
I'll be overly busy till late september, but I've asked Aislinn to run the event when I'll be away.