• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EGADS!! Stupid newbie mistake...

E

Evilminion

...which would be understandable if I was a newbie. As I'm not, I feel reeeeally foolish. In the process of restoring my old (very old, heh) account and rebuilding my characters, I transferred my dread warhorse from my old tamer on the new account to my new tamer on the old account... if any of that makes sense. :lol: But then I completely flaked on who had what and for how long, took the horsie out unbonded, and lost it. :eek:

:bdh: <- warhorse

I don't suppose anyone out there would mind helping me tame another one? My new tamer should have enough skill with jewelry to do the taming, but getting a vanguard off his horse to start with is way beyond her abilities, heh.

Man, but I feel like a dork... :loser:

S

S.W.A.T

I'll help kill the vanguard! =] However, I don't have a peacer so it's gonna be hard to tame :p

E

Evilminion

Thank ya! :D

Well, we have a tamer and a warrior... anybody want to bring in a peacer and make life easier for us? Heehee!

S

S.W.A.T

Actually! I had an extra one =] but, am busy at the moment give me five minutes and I'll be at luna bank :p

E

Evilminion

Eeeee! Thank you again!

I'll be there momentarily, on Theora. *happy happy happy*

E

Evilminion

*huggles her new warhorse*

I promise... PROMISE... to bond this one before I take it out to play. :) Thank you!

A

Azazel of LA

Wow , that was a brainfart eh? Glad you got another one so quick though , bet you learned your lesson.

E

Evilminion

Ayup, dumber than a sack of hammers. And although it'll be a cold day in the nether realms before I do that again, I can practically guarantee that I'll manage something else stupid before the week is out. rolleyes: Hopefully nothing quite so BASIC, though!

D

DebiHIS

i havent been on lately, just started coming on again, and have no idea what is going on, or what these horses are, lol. Are they comparable to a mare, or tougher? what level taming do you need?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i havent been on lately, just started coming on again, and have no idea what is going on, or what these horses are, lol. Are they comparable to a mare, or tougher? what level taming do you need?
The HP(s) etc are about double but the damage increase is not that much.

They are a 3 slot control vs 2 slot on the Mare.

I believe it was determined to be around 104.7 taming requirement.

You need to either dismount a Vanguard Controller (an event mob) or kill the Vanguard Controller.

While Soling the Controller may be quite possible, I have found trying to get past the wave(s) of summoned Mobs can be problematic. I tend to disengage and let them go poof then reengage. This of course can take some time.

If you attempt to lure them to a safe spot, they will simply recall / teleport back to their area. So you need tio engage them more or less close to or in their designated area.