• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Education] - Girl Stands Outside Classroom Window Every Day

• Thread starter AtlanteanAngel
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

AtlanteanAngel

Photo :
http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-conten...sant-girl-listens-to-class-outside-window.jpg

Article :
http://www.chinasmack.com/stories/little-girl-stands-outside-classroom-window-every-day/

Yesterday, someone reported that a pupil at the Binhe Road Primary School in Dengfeng City [in Henan province] has been standing outside the classroom to listen to lessons for over 20 days, suspecting that the teacher was punishing the student.

Yesterday afternoon at 2pm, a reporter rushed to Binhe Road Primary School. After hearing the class bell ring, the students entered the classroom one by one. However, under the classroom window for Class 1-3, a little girl carrying a backpack said goodbye to the schoolmates who talk to her. She grabbed the steel bar of the window with both hands and looked into the classroom uninterrupted. After reporter’s inquiry, the little girl is called Guo Xiaoxiao (name changed), from Wangzhuang Village nearby/of Dengfeng City, and 6-years-old this year. She used to attend class in this room but, for reasons unknown, she was kicked out of class. Not wanting to leave the school and still wanting to study, she could only stand under the window to listen to the lessons.

When Xiaoxiao’s father Guo Zhanchao arrived shortly later, seeing his daughter standing outside the window listening to class, he was unable to hold back his sobs. He told the reporter that he pedals three-wheel carts (carrying goods) for a living. Originally, he knew the Binhe Road School Headmaster Zhao. At the start of the school year, unable to find a school that would admit his child, he went through great efforts to borrow and gather together 500 RMB (Singapore $100) and gave it to Headmaster Zhao. Mr Zhao immediately agreed to admit Guo Xiaoxiao to the school, but later Mr Zhao delayed and delayed until the afternoon of September 10th when Mr Guo’s daughter was finally assigned to Class 1-3. But good things do not last; on September 18th, the daughter who had been attending school for only a few days said to her father while crying that the teacher would no longer let her into class, and that she could only stand outside the window to listen to lessons. Soon after, Guo Zhanchao went almost daily to the school to see the headmaster, but Headmaster Zhao only agreed to return the money and did not plan on arranging Guo Xiaoxiao to attend school.

Guo Zhanchao said with tears, “I suffered my whole life because I don’t have an education, and today can only depend on pedaling a three-wheel cart to raise my family with difficulty. I just want my daughter to learn some knowledge, so she can have a happy life later.”

Mr Zhao, headmaster of Binhe Road Primary School, commented on the incident saying that he is unfairly blamed. He said Guo Zhanchao and him knew each other from before, that he did indeed receive the 500 RMB money that Guo forcefully left in his office, but he later returned the money to Guo. Regarding letting Guo Xiaoxiao’s attend school, he can only feel sorry for their family’s situation, but could not arrange for her to attend school simply because they gave him a gift. Later, he could not do anything against the exclusion of Xiaoxiao. “That was handled in accordance to the relevant regulations of the Department of Education. She is the child of a peasant who migrated to the city for work, not a pupil of this area.”

Read visitors' comments :
http://www.chinasmack.com/stories/little-girl-stands-outside-classroom-window-every-day/

S

Salya Sin

OMG! The wrongness of this is just... wow! That poor baby! I'm at a loss...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like he should have followed the rules of the department of education not simply tried to bribe the headmaster.

S

Stupid Miner

Looks like he should have followed the rules of the department of education not simply tried to bribe the headmaster.
Eh, calling a guy stupid who calls himself uneducated within the article doesn't really have much meaning.

A

AtlanteanAngel

The rules of the department of education say that migrant children are not allowed an education in the city (the only formal education there is). Which means no matter what the little girl is deprived of an education, and will remain poor her entire life.

Think of the worst migrant policies that unfairly discriminate against foreigners in any country. It's the same in China, only it's the rich urban chinese folks (who don't do any productive work) victimizing the poor rural chinese folks (who do all the productive work, farming, manufacturing, cleaning, etc).

Of course, it's not only in China. USA and every other country in the world is equally guilty. Rich folks in every country in the world endlessly indulge in unproductive luxuries and throw all the real (productive) work to poor lower class folks, whether in their own country or even poorer folks in 3rd world countries.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh, calling a guy stupid who calls himself uneducated within the article doesn't really have much meaning.
I didn't call him stupid. I said he failed to follow the rules. There's a difference.