• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] EC world map

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You think it be possible for them to make the EC world map for 2D?

I would play EC if it dident give me sore eyes after a few minutes of playing it..

I know theres uomap but no matter what i still cant get it to work...

So i have alot of sos in storage till then...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Do you mean the radar/atlas map (which is almost the exact same as 2d) or the terrain?

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you bring up the radar you can also pick world atlas...

It looks like uoam ...showing coords and all..

If they could add that same system to 2D like enhance client has , that would be greath..

Since i just cant get uoam to work, no matter what i do..

just guess im not able to follow instructions...haha...

But the atlas looks so good......

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You think it be possible for them to make the EC world map for 2D?
I would play EC if it dident give me sore eyes after a few minutes of playing it..
I know theres uomap but no matter what i still cant get it to work...
So i have alot of sos in storage till then...
Sore eyes? Really? You realize the graphics are the same, right? The only thing that's different is the animated models? KR is not EC?

There's no incentive for them to back-code EC enhancements into 2D. Not only does an alternative exist for 2D-players (UOAM as you noted) which requires no effort on the part of the devs, but such an act would be counterproductive to encouraging the playerbase to use EC. The 2D client is ancient, and its limitations are many.

The real pity is that the KR map was even better than EC's.

T

Thangorodrim

when you bring up the radar you can also pick world atlas...

It looks like uoam ...showing coords and all..

If they could add that same system to 2D like enhance client has , that would be greath..
Assuming greath = great, I disagree; would suck.
Since i just cant get uoam to work, no matter what i do..

just guess im not able to follow instructions...haha...

But the atlas looks so good......
Then play the client with the features you like.

F

Fink

Then play the client with the features you like.
I wish they'd keep all the "enhancements" to the "enhanced" client.

I realise why this could not be done with the crafting system but I know at least a dozen people who went back to Classic when they heard that it got the same crafting as KR and EC. If they keep making concessions like this, I feel people will have no real reason to adopt or support the new client. Sometimes it seems like EC is just CC's test mule.

Let Classic lean on its UO:Assist crutch and focus on making EC actually enhanced.