• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] EC Video Issues

S

Sevin0oo0

don't know if any of this is fixable, but I have a recent install, basically box stock, no UOAssist...

Notice the shield and box colors, when I click them they turn their true color until the backpack is re-opened. Not just those, but many items (runebooks, most essence, primitive fetish) all initially appear darker than their actual, until clicked once, for as long as that pack stays open.
Many times, when opening a backpack, the graphics are scrambled looking until the contents are completely drawn.
Quest Log not drawing well, ever.
When moving a hotbar, the map, or paperdoll, it's like moving a floating object, in slow motion, thru mud.I can run around the area fine, exc. thru luna where unfreeze, draw vendors and a few items, then house, freeze.

technical stuff...
pf usage goes from 163mb to 849mb
cpu usage from 1%(idle) to ~70/30 UOSA/Explorer .exe (essentially maxes out)

CPU
Intel 1.70ghz Celeron M core1.692ghz
Bus 99.53mhz, rated FSB 398.11mhz
DDR2 2048mb PC2-4300 (266.5mhz) memory

VIDEO
ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series (0x5A62) (AGP 1x,2x,4x) Bus 0
Bios: 008.049I.001.000 Date: 2005/11/24
400mhz Internal DAC
128mb DDR SGRAM UMA Frame buffer
1440 x 900, True Color (32 bit), 60Hz
Hardware acceleration: Full - write caching Enabled
OPenGL
Main Settings [Balanced]<- Performance | Balanced | Quality ->
Anti-Aliasing [Application Preference]
Anisotropic Filtering [Application Preference]
wait for Vertical Sync [Default Off] <-always off|default off|default on|always on->
Force Z-buffer depth [Disabled] Force 24-bit|Force-16-bit
Tripled Buffering [Disabled]
Direct 3D
Main Settings [Balanced]<- Performance | Balanced | Quality ->
Anti-Aliasing [Application Preference]
Anisotropic Filtering [Application Preference]
texture Preference [high quality] <-High Performance|Performance|Quality|High Quality->
Mipmap Detail Level [high quality] <-High Performance|Performance|Quality|High Quality->
wait for Vertical Sync [Application Preference]<-Always Off |Application Preference|Always On ->
support DXT texture formats - Enabled
Alternate pixel center - Disabled

I'm thinking I just don't have enough cpu, thought I'd see if there was something I could tweak before trying my other laptop with vista, especially since the Quest thing is fubar looking. There's a few changeable options in video

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Try uninstalling and reinstalling fresh video drivers first and see if that helps clear it up.

Secondarily, it looks like you're on a mobile system (laptop or netbook). It may come down to if the onboard graphics are using 128Meg Dedicated or Shared memory... if it's shared memory, you're going to have problems with lag.

It could also be that the hardware is a bit old (given the BIOS date of 2005... KR came out in 07, I had an HP laptop that could run it well, but it had a 256Med dedicated GeForce onboard) thus is struggling to run it at all.

Start with the drivers and go from there. That MIGHT clear up the graphical weirdness, but I don;t think it will help the lag though.