• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EC] Target relative to position

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I was able to reproduce pretty much every macro I used in uoassist with the Enhanced Client. But for fishing I ran into a problem. I used to make a macro like this:

use item (fishing pole)
target relative to location

So, all I had to do was sail away and each time I pressed the key, he would fish next to boat.

With the Enhanced Client I can't seem to reproduce this. Theres only "target cursor last", but then of course he can't see the last target because he's on a moving ship and the last target is being left behing.

Am I simply to thick to see how this is done, or isn't it possible with the EC right now? And if it isn't is there a way to do it with a command script? Or maybe in a skin?

[edit]
oops, just realized I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. Could a moderator please move the thread?
[/edit]

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this might help I took it from spellweave web site

Drag the 'Delay' action to the command line (set delay to approx 8.5 secs), drag in 'Last Object' action, <right> click on this and set target to 'cursor' (not necessary if Legacy targeting is ON). Repeat these two actions for as many times as you like. Set enable repeat for max of 10. Prior to running the macro, double click your fishing pole and target the water. While your boat is moving you will need to click the water each time you get a target cursor, however, the macro will continue to run for as many times as you have repeated the commands while you are moving along. Note: if the delay between when you pull up a fish and your next cast cursor is too great/short, adjust the 'delay' by right clicking on 'delay' action, selecting edit, and altering the seconds up or down.
http://spellweave.com/samacrosactions.html#014a

hope that helps

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate the help, but that is not the solving the problem. I know that I can chain macros that way, but what I really wanted is to avoid having to click the water.

F

Fink

The hope is Fishing Poles will be added to the Target By Resource list of valid tools, if or when they get back to working on the Enhanced Client. As for what you want to do at the moment there isn't a satisfactory solution. Sorry.:thumbdown:

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that su**s!

I hope that someone is still working on it and that he got this one on his todo list.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think folks are a little paranoid after the recent layoffs. I definitely hope that Mythic sees the value in the EC. It's a solid foundation for great things...

F

Fink

I think folks are a little paranoid after the recent layoffs. I definitely hope that Mythic sees the value in the EC. It's a solid foundation for great things...
It's not the layoffs, that is a side issue as I'm sure that impacts on most aspects of the game, not just ours. It's the many months of inaction and lack of communication that is my concern, all of which preceded the layoffs by a long time.

Also, I notice the "ask the dev" forum answered many burning questions such as "will there be a christmas?" (duh?) and "will we ever have ridable gorillas?" (wtf?). Meanwhile my questions, "what are some of the priority additions or bugfixes for the Enhanced Client, and in what sort of timeframe do you hope to have them accomplished?" went unanswered. I explained I wasn't after concrete plans, just some idea that EC is still "on our radar" as they're so fond of saying.

For these reasons I doubt EC is a priority, and for historical reasons I suspect they're abandoning it as they did KR and TD before it. It's hardly paranoia when it's a repeated pattern and they continue to ignore addressing these concerns.

Sorry if my viewpoint unsettles a few people but I feel if we don't speak up, they will leave us to rot.. again. They're doing a fine job of ignoring us, but why make it easy for them by dumbly awaiting some sort of action?

J

Jermosh

Hmm why would you need to fish while moving anymore, why not just fish a spot out and move? Thats the way I do it and have a single rod click, click the spot and hit a *40 repeat macro.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I usually fish along the way to a MiB spot. If I'd stop every 8 tiles, I'd never get there ;)

J

Jermosh

Oh, I forgot about that time. I really need to go through all my MIBs, I have like 200 of them.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like the EC has been largely abandoned. It's still easily buggy enough to be considered beta software, but they've apparently stopped work on it.

Why, EA.. oh why. Why do you do this to us over and over? Why does every other game in the world get its bugs fixed EXCEPT UO? Why does EVERY OTHER GAME IN THE WORLD have PRODUCTION VALUE EXCEPT UO????

After 10-11 years of this crap, I'm ready to put a bullet in my brain.