• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC screen resolution issue after latest patch

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, after the latest publish there seems to be some "changes" to the EC resolutions as well. When I run the EC in full screen I now get black bars on top and bottom. Before the latest patches it just scaled to the full screen as you would expect. This just renders ~10% of my screen useless :( I used to be able to go all the way to the corner with the cursor (see screenshot).

Selecting different screen resolutions in the options also does nothing at all. Windowed mode scales fine but games just feel better at full screen.

@Bleak @Kyronix can you please check it out and tell if you can reproduce this? Maybe also fix it to how it scaled before?

IMG_20170205_194624.jpg

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MalagAste @grimiz Trying to get some early feedback: Is it just me or do you have the same? Or do you just run it in windowed mode like the CC crowd? :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste @grimiz Trying to get some early feedback: Is it just me or do you have the same? Or do you just run it in windowed mode like the CC crowd? :D
I've always only run in Windowed mode... In Full Screen you can't access Discord and your web browser... that is too annoying. After playing a few "full screen only" games like Skyrim, No Man's Sky and such I seriously love UO for windowed mode. Nothing more annoying that hearing someone message me and having to minimize the game window so I can find out what's up. Now my Son solves this by having 2 screens but honestly I don't have anywhere to put a second monitor... I would need a new desk or I'd have to go back to having a tiny screen... and I know I don't want that.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm using the EC fullscreen 1920 x 1080 and I don't appear to have that problem. I dont have the game window covering the screen, but I tried stretching it out and it will go all the way top and bottom. My pointer goes all over the screen with no problem.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm using the EC fullscreen 1920 x 1080 and I don't appear to have that problem. I dont have the game window covering the screen, but I tried stretching it out and it will go all the way top and bottom. My pointer goes all over the screen with no problem.
I don't quite understand, but I guess you just stretch the window as large as you can, right? Maybe you can press "Alt+Enter" once for full screen and check it again. You just get back out of fullscreen by pressing Alt+Enter again then.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes if I unlock it I can stretch the play window onto the whole of the screen area. Have you tried unlocking the play window and stretching it more? Or does it just refuse to go top and bottom?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes if I unlock it I can stretch the play window onto the whole of the screen area. Have you tried unlocking the play window and stretching it more? Or does it just refuse to go top and bottom?
Oh I see what you mean now. No, it's not an issue with the game window. My game windows is always covering the whole usable area.

It's the whole client which scales wrong and the black area is totally "dead" (can't mouse into/over it at all). I guess it's about the screen resolution aspect ratio then, since I run 1680x1050 on my screen.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, I changed my screen resolution from 1680x1050 to 1680x900 and it looked like intended again. However, using a wrong screen resolution or chaning it every time I want to play UO is not an option at all.

It just worked before the latest patches and I would highly appreciate it to be that way again.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had any trouble, I have played full screen for a long time now and nothing has changed for me. Windows 10. I did not change any settings in game either. I put up with the minimizing to get to other comp content because I feel that the fullscreen picture is clearer and more detailed and my movement on characters is smoother than running it in windowed mode but maybe that's just me.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@petemage Ahhh I see what you mean, yes that would be very frustrating! I am on windows 10 too, nothing has changed for me. I hope you get it sorted! :(

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry man, I run 1920x1080 windowed. Too much crap going on to go full screen :) Hope they get it fixed for you!