• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC running on old Acer Laptop?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got 6 year old laptop been playing the cc. It a cheap acer with integrated graphics. Do you think it's worth trying the EC on? It's a duo core celaron 2 gigs of ram.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both me and my daughter had Acer laptops a few years ago, they have a tendency and trait of running very hot. Both of them succumbed to heat exhaustion in less than what I would call a normal life. After mine quit running, I took the back off and it looked like someone held a blowtorch to the insides, metal was all different colors.

Also both of them were elevated with fans blowing on and under them their whole lives and mine had a Zalman highly rated laptop cooler under it with 4 fans.

If you do try it make sure you have a program like Open Hardware Monitor (free) running to keep track of the temperature. EC on my Asus laptop makes it run about 10-12 degrees Celsius hotter than running normal programs or the CC, unless of course you leave it set at the login window in CC in which case then it will surely overheat that poor lil laptop to extreme temperatures.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It runs it fine, so far played for 20 mins. You are definitely right about it heating up. The hard plastic shell don't allow it to breath well.

Doese the EC at first make the game very Sims like world? I was playing the EC, my kid walks by and says, "I can't see why you like these 2d games."

Last edited: