• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC - killer sound drops

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Has anybody else using EC noticed that when the sound suddenly drops out for several seconds, your life also drops like a rock during that time? I saw this time and again on a sampire in doom - sound cuts out, suddenly I've lost 80 or 100 HP. Maybe the targeting is dropping out when the sound cuts out (serious problem for a sampire in a crowd)?

JellyBelly

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The problem occurs when the game should be playing a heartbeat sound clip but because it can't play this clip you get silence instead.

You get the heartbeat or should get it, when your health drops below a certain percentage.

Although I haven't had this problem since they supposedly disabled it a patch or two ago.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sound cuts out at nearly full health, then health plummets during silence - so this problem is occurring before health is low enough for a heartbeat sound

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sound cuts out at nearly full health, then health plummets during silence - so this problem is occurring before health is low enough for a heartbeat sound
What client version are your running? Have you patched to the latest version?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did have this problem in the EC when the new client was released, but it has since been fixed I think. I don't notice it anymore.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I quit playing with the sound on because it seems to freeze up my client when it's on.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Branching off from the original post for a moment, I'm hoping the new @Pinco GUI includes a sound/music update as well. There are all kinds of mp3s in the EC sound file that don't ever seem to be used - although some of them are clips from other games (Witcher, Baldur's Gate, to name a few)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Branching off from the original post for a moment, I'm hoping the new @Pinco GUI includes a sound/music update as well. There are all kinds of mp3s in the EC sound file that don't ever seem to be used - although some of them are clips from other games (Witcher, Baldur's Gate, to name a few)
yes, EC PlaySound will be part of the new UI since there is no way to play external files from the client itself :|

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What client version are your running? Have you patched to the latest version?
Uh, oh - I checked and I was a patch behind (4.0.38.0) - patched up to 4.0.38.2 - I'll post if that solved the problem
*shuffles off sheepishly*
EDIT: No problem after the patch. Thanks for the reminder @Bleak

Last edited: