• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC Install

S

Sevin0oo0

While awaiting a fix for UOA, thought I'd try the EC again. Downloaded the installer, and it's doing the 2gb download thing. Is there a thread already on what happens next?
From the sounds of it, I immediately need to install Pinco's, to save on further frustration.
surely this has been streamlined now?
where do I start?
how do i integrate UOA - the pointer in settings, or install a second one?

Thanks n advance, in case I'm killed on the other side and can't make it back

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes you will want to instal Pinco's. I highly recommend it. If you have any questions about it you can always watch the very good how-to's that Pinco did on the EC forums.

or feel free to PM me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I forced myself to switch to the EC when I got my new PC a year or so ago... since then I haven't looked back. Infact I can't stand to play in 2d anymore... Pinco's has totally made the game for me.

S

Sevin0oo0

pretty much all i use assist for now days is reg, weight, gold and aids count, so i doubt i'll worry about any assist integration.
I thought it'd be simpler, like a config file or something - .NET Framework 2.0 isn't installed, i usually don't install anything that uses Framework, however helpful.

EDIT: Maybe a Mod can move this over to the UO Enhanced Client Discussion area, no need for any more tension in uHall

C

Conrad

Just read Pinco's instructions carefully. Make sure you have the proper .NET requirements.

There is one step that you should pay close attention to--putting the Pinco's zip file (the file you download from him) in the correct directory then unzipping it there, as opposed to unzipping it in it's own folder. I accidentally did that my first install and it borked the entire install.

Other then that, all the links in the previous posts have good info. The stuff put up here in the forums by Pinco are very well done and have illustrations for those more visually oriented.

Keep in mind there are a TON of options and settings--you'll spend hours getting it all to feel right for you. I suggest going to the Legacy tab in the options and selecting "legacy bags" if you are looking for a feel closer to the CC. Also, most of the fonts in the EC are configurable--you can switch everything to the original Classic UO font. Those two changes went the furthest towards making the game feel more like the CC.

You will also be using "ECSound.exe" to start the game once you have selected Pinco's UI instead of the default (little pull-down menu at the top of the login screen).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
We have lots of guides Video and text also lots of other tips and tricks just look around and feel free to ask if you cant find something or need help udually i am lurking or others are very helpful and I am always on in the am If I miss a post at night

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hands sevin a cookie for coming to the darkside :)