• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC Dismount Archer macro

J

[JD]

I used to have a great Dismount macro in the EC. But some recent patch screwed it up.

This works but it's too slow. .9 Delay and the person will be offscreen. But any less of a delay and the macro breaks.

Equip Item (My heavy xbow)
Delay .9
Dismount from my horse macro
Choose special #2
Attack current target

Now I discovered if I already have the Heavy xbow in hand and I fire off the macro, I can set my delay to 0 and it will work.

But I want this all on one macro if possible so I can just press 1 key and dismount someone.

Has anyone set up a 1 key press dismount before?

Otherwise I will prob have to make one macro to switch to heavy, the other macro to dismount my horse and dismount the target.

Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try to put a deleay of 1 sec between each part then lower one at time to check the max usable. Once you find the right delay 1 macro will be enough :)

J

[JD]

The problem with long delays is the person you're chasing can offscreen and your dismount shot will never hit them.

The macro commands I listed work with .9 delay... I'm just trying to find a way to put it together with less delay. Thank you for your suggestion, though.

Just wondering if anyone out there has already cracked this mystery.... my guess is probably not as most PVP in the CC, not EC...

Also I am wondering if there is a special already selected, if there is a way to toggle off the special. Maybe totally disarm, but I wouldn't want to do that if possible.

Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that using with long delay is bad, but you have to test until you get the right value :p

C

Cloak&Dagger

If you are mounted you are able to give chase...so I am not sure why the delay between equipping the weapon and dismounting is such a big deal?

Edit: I don't really want to get a horse for my archer just to test this, but you said "dismount from my horse "Macro"" I assume that means you have a custom macro set to dismount yourself? If that is the case have you tried just placing the "dismount" action there instead? If that is how you are doing it already then I have no other idea's with out testing.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use 2 macro. One for switching to the x-bow and one for the dismount.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are basically what you posted in the OP. One macro to switch to the heavy x-bow, then I run after the culprit, using moving shot until in a good, close position, then the second macro - dismount self, Choose special #2, attack current target.

J

[JD]

They are basically what you posted in the OP. One macro to switch to the heavy x-bow, then I run after the culprit, using moving shot until in a good, close position, then the second macro - dismount self, Choose special #2, attack current target.

Do you have much of a delay in the 2nd portion of your macro?

Reason why I'm asking is the .9 delay which is required for my macro to work is unacceptable...

In my testing I was running 2-3 squares from people, I'd hit the macro, follow alongside until the required delay was over, and then I'd be off my horse and firing at them but they'd be gone. The only time I ever got people dismounted is when they were standing around. In a running/chasing situation it hasn't worked once, even though you think you could "run alongside" them.

Need something which works right away, with as little delay as possible.

W

War Machine GTFO

How are you guys remounting after this?

I've got a macro for use object (stored target) with my pet selected as the stored target. It's not working.

How do you make a macro to mount in the EC?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my macro is target nearest follower ,use targeted object

W

War Machine GTFO

Thanks Storm. That sounds pretty good.

There might be some issue if I had say, a dread and a bake though, but it shouldn't be that terrible.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes if you have more than one! But you can still set a stored mount (pretty sure I will have to go check)

J

[JD]

i add an all follow me to storms macro too, if i get dismounted i will be running and as soon as that 5 second timer and the icon go away i do a 180, run for my horse and hit the all follow me and remount macro. works sweet. had 6 faction oranges on me at destard the other day, kept goin in and out until timer was up. got the remount off but health was too low and they landed killing blow.

need to tweak it to add pet res by bandage too