• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC Client crashes often.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC client crashes to desktop very often.

Anyone in this forum find a work around for this yet?

S

scifibob67

I've been experiencing frequent crashes lately. I will be just riding around when bam I get dropped to desktop. It makes no sense. Not sure where to complain. At least in a way that the Devs will pay attention to this bug.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thing to check for is that the following folders is not using "Windows Indexing Service"

Settings Folder
Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\

Client Folder
Usually: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Enhanced Client\
Note: If you using 32bit windows the Program Files folder will not have "(x86)". You can also have installed this in a different directory.

What To Check For:
Right click the Folders listed, and check for the following.

Good luck

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Crosses Fingers*

Thank you for the possible workaround, I hope this works since I crash several times per day, and it is getting really annoying.

EDIT: I just crashed again (2hr and 40min after making the change). Hopefully it will not be as often as without doing this, but it did not stop the crashes.

As a side note: Every time I crash it is when I have just recalled or when I am running and make a quick turn/change of direction.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just reset my folders, I hope this works I have crashed VERY often

Also crossing fingers.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it's been 10 days since I made the indexing changes. I have went from crashing multiple times per day to only 3 times in that 10 days. So it has definitely helped. Thank you