• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ec and crashing to desktop

M

mr crabs

I dont know if any devs still brouse these forums but the last few weeks sincse the last patch i have been getting randome crashes to desktop just like i clicked the exit button. A few outhers in my guild that run the ec are getting the same thhing it does not seem to be any one thing that crashes the client it just seems completly random. I have gotten it wile pvpg in yew at spwans at luna bank running around my house at narvy just seem to be randome. dunno if any of the devs still check here mabey they could look into it.

edit: i have always been moving when it happens never standing still it happens about 5 steps after i start moving every time weather it be walking or runnning

C

Cloak&Dagger

I dont know if any devs still brouse these forums but the last few weeks sincse the last patch i have been getting randome crashes to desktop just like i clicked the exit button. A few outhers in my guild that run the ec are getting the same thhing it does not seem to be any one thing that crashes the client it just seems completly random. I have gotten it wile pvpg in yew at spwans at luna bank running around my house at narvy just seem to be randome. dunno if any of the devs still check here mabey they could look into it.

edit: i have always been moving when it happens never standing still it happens about 5 steps after i start moving every time weather it be walking or runnning
Has been an issue for at least the past 6 months (I want to say for the past year) But I do notice that the frequency has increased the past few days or so....

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yep, although I think I may have noticed a common factor. Movement will start getting a bit choppy for me at times before the crash. I don't know what that means, whether it's some kind of leak or something else.

I have an ATI HD 2600XT. Would you two mind listing what kinds of video cards you have?

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It happens to me too about once a day, when running or moving and always when i'm beside somethjing that kills me like navery or a greater dragon....Navery several times when running to let the rocks fall.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. After months with practically no crash at all, I have the occasional crash for the last few weeks.

I don't know if I was moving everytime, but definitely the last time. And more than five steps, I ran for al least 5 screens straight and suddenly - Desktop. I was chased an enemy factioner at the time, so I was pretty frantic to get the client back up. Luckily he didn't chase me as far as I thought.

running an ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Vapor-X 1024MB.

T

Tazar

I also get regular dumps to the desktop. Often it is while running, but I have also had them while sitting at the house motionless (while on the phone or something).

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS so it does not seem to be limited to a specific graphics card or manufacturer.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I also get regular dumps to the desktop. Often it is while running, but I have also had them while sitting at the house motionless (while on the phone or something).

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS so it does not seem to be limited to a specific graphics card or manufacturer.
Yes, I've noticed them most often when I am moving. And as I said, they are most often preceded by a certain degree of choppiness - nothing extreme.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i take a gate or moongate and then start to run then it now and then happends.

M

mr crabs

nividia gtx 260

mine has always been wile i am moving and iv not noticed any choppyness before it does it

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe exactly the same i want to post now, yesterday we played on Europa and everyone of us 4 got crashes in random situations, something migth be wrong since the maintance last week.

But no problem it crashes to the desktop because it doesnt show us the exception, it automatically sends it to EA and closes the client normally.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
been a problem for me for quite a while. a little while after high seas. Usually happens to me in front of balrons....

O

Old Man of UO

I have been getting more dumps to the desktop lately, which considering that I don't have much time to play is saying a lot.

There is one place in Doom that almost always causes me to crash to desktop, and that is while running in the hallway past the room where the Inquisitor's Resolution and lampposts spawn. Of course, there is usually a critter or two waiting for me so that I always log back in seeing grey.

AMD Quad with 8 GB RAM, ATI 4850 Video, Windows 7 x64

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been getting more dumps to the desktop lately, which considering that I don't have much time to play is saying a lot.

There is one place in Doom that almost always causes me to crash to desktop, and that is while running in the hallway past the room where the Inquisitor's Resolution and lampposts spawn. Of course, there is usually a critter or two waiting for me so that I always log back in seeing grey.

AMD Quad with 8 GB RAM, ATI 4850 Video, Windows 7 x64
Yes i have also had this today with the latest released patch it seems to be badder than before, i got it now not randomly, i can now say after an hour the client crashes to 90% the next minutes.