• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

easy way to loot

F

Fumoffu

Is there an easy way to loot besides dragging gold and various pieces. Do u guys use a macro or something?

I was in the painted caves with the trogs, and once I kill one, another spawns, and before I know it, I don't have time to get my loot before I have to run away because of the amount of monsters.:wall:

Thanks

J

jelinidas

When i used the caves I would stand in a cornor. Dead trogs would usually end up in 1 of three piles at my feet. Hold the shift key when looting, and just keep clickin bodies, and dropping loot in your pack. You can make 1000's in a very short time. If you use bandies to heal, you can also use them right from the Trogs pack w/o loot the whole pile.

F

Fumoffu

Ah okay thanks for the tips. :thumbsup: Will give it a try again later.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you use the KR client, all you have to do is right click on an item in the corpse to make it end up in your backpack. No dragging required.

B

Beer_Cayse

get in a corner, let them pile up for a bit. CTRL-Shift for the object handles. Double-click Trog handles and open the corpses. Shift-click/drag gold and stuff off them.

Move to another area and repeat the killing. I liked the area near the poles the best for the first killing spree, then I'd move a bit closer to the entrance.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes good method as is what I use. You can use several tactics. This is mainly for 2D. If you use KR then do what Tina suggested.

When fighting a mob that has a quick respawn rate, let a few mobs pile up. Then adjust yourself by moving a tile away...diangle is usally best.

Alternatively or with the above method you use the CNTRL + SHIFT keys. After searching something, right click on it and then that way anything beneath it will show. You can then loot anything below the mob you right clicked. Additionally, anything you don't want showing while looting you can right click on and it will disappear.

This is also useful for when you are trying to find a particular vendor. Hope that helps.

Just a note: You could probably set a macro but honestly CNTRL + SHIFT is pretty fast. Just "practice" with it a bit and you will be good to go.

F

Fumoffu

Thanks, I didn't know about the Right Clicking to remove handles. Nice.

So I guess once I open the monster bag there is no way to say "double click" on the object to make it automatically go into my bag...like gold to automatically pile onto my gold pile in my bag.

Ahah, guess I'm lazy:p but I'm a slow dragger lol

B

Beer_Cayse

What I would do sometimes (like when I had some bit of extra time) is CTRL-SHIFT, open a corpse, right-click, rinse and repeat. So then I have several coffins open at once.

Shift-click/drag one gold stack onto another in a different corpse and then shift-click/drag THAT onto a 3rd one. Now with 3 piles all merged into one, shift-click/drag that onto my character. Check for anything from the 3 coffins I might also want ... close them. Start another 3 from the opened stack. <shrug>

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wrote a corpse looting tutorial a while back.
http://oev.hilands.com/tips-corpselooting.html
Auto show corpse names (with uoassist) or all names via the in game client macro. Turning off the window tile offset, last object for finding corpses underneath corpses (in case the corpses land on each other and the ctrl+shift object handles don't work)
Then the placement of your paperdoll make all the difference.