• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EASTER BUNNY

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Kyronix. I just wanted to throw out my thoughts here. I've always loved UO. I started my MMO experiences with this game, and while I have left for others, I have always returned. There's something about this community that makes it special. I don't know if I can accurately explain it, but I am sure going to try.

Being a sandbox type of game, we come to interact with everyone at some level. Whether it's through running through a dungeon, decorating our homes, or some other activity. We take pride in our creations, made possible by the little things that have been given to us by the UO Developers Team. It's these little things that count the most.

This isn't the type of game where people race to clear end game content and whine about wanting more stuff. At least not to me anyway. Some of the greatest experiences I have had in UO come from the little things, like holiday events. I still have items from years ago that were given out, like the Christmas snowglobes and presents. These things are very precious to me.

If these types of things will no longer be offered in UO, I will be very disappointed and saddened. I hope that we see more of this type of stuff in the future. Even if it is just a rehash of previous events.
Glad to see you've always come back to the best MMO there ever was. :) Don't misunderstand, those types of events will always have a place in Britannia. Holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas have been our focus recently with content and gifts (mostly because they are close together and fit nicely within a single publish).

The basis for most of this already exists. Simply reuse the ToT code and put in new items (can be rehues/reames of old items) as the rewards. Dropping spawn eggs on the map is relatively simple.
We've reused the ToT code for lots of stuff, and it's not a simple process. There's quite a bit that goes into it that makes it more than "just" a quick implementation. We don't use spawn eggs nor drop them on the map. While adding new spawns of existing creatures to the map is relatively painless, new creatures adds to the complexity.